Krone reverse drive forage harvester.

catkom3

This is causing a bit of a stir on Facebook at the moment, Krone are trying out a new reverse drive forage harvester, a lot of folk saying it was all tried before and was a waste of time, But some contractors saying it would be ideal for them to harvest some of their smaller contract's, It does require 500 HP and weigh 6 to 7 tonnes so maybe have limited appeal.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.profi.de%2Ftest%2Ffahrbericht%2Fkrone-anbauhaecksler-als-funktionsmuster-mit-trommel-und-cracker-12398150.html

Regards

Joe.

get the logic in that, why run a extra self propelled for the small stuff, when thats half the price? or what ever it would be, power plants used all year round then as well .not like they never existed before,marges made the claas ones ,in model form ,i guess the farming world sort of out grew them ,now the economics  have resurected them .

1 hour ago, 1/32 said:

If you have a Xerion with reversible cab that may be a viable option if you don’t want a sell propelled machine. But on a conventional tractor I think the appeal will be limited. 

That is certainly true, But there are other uses that harvester could be used for, On the European main land they use some very peculiar and unwieldy machines like the Krone Big X Cargo, The idea being the forager never stops and tractor trailer combination draw away from the machine, a very costly exercise I guess, But that new Krone reverse drive unit, put on thr FRONT of a Vredo VT 5518-3 could give that machine more work to do, plus IF those bodies were demountable you could spread slurry, carry beet's and cut / carry maize / silage etc.

Regards

Joe.

Vredo forage 2.jpg

Vredo forage 1.jpg

2 minutes ago, New Hollander said:

Not every year is the same, but the piece of land in the second video is almost every year a problem.  

I am quite familiar with how conditions are over there I have quite a few Mais en modder DVD's, Thing's can get really bad,

Regards

Joe.

2 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

I am quite familiar with how conditions are over there I have quite a few Mais en modder DVD's, Thing's can get really bad,

Regards

Joe.

When necessary the Dutch have adapted to the wet circumstances. Tracks under the chopper, tracked dumpers, chopper on a drainage machine undercarriage. 

Archived