Cordless Airbrush

catkom3

Very interesting - just ordered one, will report back with how it goes, for £40 delivered to NI it wont break the bank. Been looking for a decent airbrush to get started with, but fancy a go at the cordless concept. Could be handy for touching in the awkward spots on Land Rover as well!

Not too sure about nozzle size differences, I know when I sprayed the Land Rover with 2k I just used the same nozzle, thinners etc on it for both primer and top coat? But that’s about the height of my spraying experience bar rattle cans 

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

seems to constantly mention priming stuff ,and not top coats ect, am i missing something in the description ?? havin g not used an airbrush is this something to do with the nozzel size or something .

I've just watched a couple of video reviews of it Sean, It seem to be handy a good enough airbrush, But it looks like 20psi is a bit low, that is probably what they are on about, The low pressure and .3 nozzle might mean lot's of very thin coat's, ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAgyDeIl1vU

Regards

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived today, no assembly needed really, needle is already in, just screw the compressor on, pick a bottle size, (comes with three, small medium and large), and away you go. It did come charged, but I stuck it on for an hour during a lecture before trying it.

Once set up, first thing I did was blow some thinners though to clear any dirt out, but did cheat slightly afterwards and just sprayed some paint from an aerosol into the bottle instead of mixing some up. 

Overall it's not bad, puts out nice even light coats, just pass over a few times, I'd imagine though this will vary with how thin the paint is etc. Sprayed onto a scrap prototype trailer I have sitting around, perfect in the fact the coats arent too heavy, so harder to get a run. Can see it being very useful for weathering in that respect. One annoying thing with it is the position of the on off switch for the compressor is where I'd ideally want to be holding it, but that could be a problem with my technique more than anything. Can adjust the amount of paint coming through which is nice, lever at the top, press to release air, slide backwords to release paint, has an adjustable backstop as well which is handy. 

Overall not bad for the money, havent ran it out of battery yet after messing around for probaly 20 minutes

Archived