Wiking Manitou MLT635

CX820Joe

I thought I'd share a few thoughts on this recent release.

I will post some photos but they seem to come out in all sorts of orders so I'll just add them below and hopefully you will be able to tell which bit refers to which photo.

It comes in the usual Wiking packaging with a card outer box and 2 polystyrene halves containing the model.  There is a small recess in the top half which contains the fork attachment and the offside mirror and the boom bracket.  

The model itself is well made, mainly in metal with plastic cab and boom.  The boom is reasonably stiff so will hold any position, it extends out with a 'click' once at its extent.  The cab is well detailed with an opening door, this closes quite snugly so no chance of it falling open as you tear around the yard! The cab mirror pivots into place and away for storage.

The engine cover opens to reveal the motor.  It comes with a decent sized, Manitou branded bucket and the pallet forks.  They attach and detach easily.

I think it's a very good model of a smaller sized telehandler, ideal for a stock/dairy farm....but I am not sure if I am going to keep it. 

I dont think its anything to do with the manufacture of the model, but I would say the Claas Scorpion is a better model, just my opinion, I think it will be popular as there are a lot more Manitous about.  I would perhaps have preferred a 741 .

20201226_123207.jpg

20201226_123332.jpg

20201226_123407.jpg

20201226_123425.jpg

20201226_123445.jpg

20201226_123458.jpg

20201226_123850.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

Looks good :) 

Thanks for the quick review and Photo's Joe.

I think I will have to try and get one to go with my Scorpion ;)

I sold mine to Phil P Brian, a good model but prefer the Scorpion 

Archived