Your collection

What is your collection about?

For me I am only collecting a select few tractors and machines that I have either worked over the years or ones that really left a memory over time. I am a John Deere fan but I'm only after the ones I really want, the ones I have drove from 90's - mid 00's . . . . . . . . them and a select few tractors that bring back some good memories, like that of a neighbours County, or the Deutz I spent a summer rowing silage on.

I think I have only about 5/6 tractors to get that I really want and then I can concentrate more on the machinery to go with them as part of the collection.

I guess I'm more of a selector rather than collector 🤣

What is your collection about?

In my collection, tractors I collect are John Deere and fendt mainly, few countys/Ford about, 

harvesters are generally Claas/krone, implements tend to be mainly Kuhn and amazone, all of the brands are the main ones in my area 

I collect mostly tractors over implements and harvesters. I collect all kinds off brands. In terms off modern tractors... New Holland take the top spot followed by Case,JD, MF in that order. A few Fendt and Valtra also in the mix. Any implements are mostly ones familiar on the Irish farming scene, both modern and classic... But not alot. The tractors far out balance the implements and harvesters. 

Classic tractors from 70s threw to the 90s are my main passion. Ford take the top spot there followed closely by Fiat. Again MF, JD, IH etc will have a place also. 

Then my childhood Britains... Mostly 80s era Britains are collected. 

And finally... 1/16 UHs are now being added. 

So it's a large mix off everything, but I tend to keep it to machinary familiar to the Irish farming scene. 

It’s probably no surprise that the theme of my collection is Fordson, Ford and conversions as well as machinery that will match with the period of the tractors. 
6 and a bit years ago I started out with the intention of collecting some of the Britain’s toys I had as a young’un after seeing a thread about farm toys on a farming forum. That plan quickly went out the window when I discovered you lot on here and some of the amazing scratch builds and conversions. A Dave Towse 7610 was my non standard purchase and the rest is history....a very expensive history. 

Up until about 20 years ago the aim of the collection was to get one of every 1/32 model out there, and I came pretty close. The Case 2294 DRW was about the only model I still had to track down, and then UH happened.

Suddenly we went from three or four new models a year to three or four new models every month.

I did try to keep up for a while, but it was never going to be feasible.

I came up with a new plan. One farm, from 1965 to date, and keep it ticking over as new stuff that fitted (or could be made fit) came along.

One farm became two farms, became three farms, became four farms, became four farms in Ireland and one farm in Poland, and then two farms in Poland.

So now the story has everything from a TEA 20 to a T9.530, with Fordson, Ford, Fiat, Fendt, Massey, David Brown, Deutz, New Holland, MB Trac and Schluter all represented.

Oh, and the farms were home to a plant hire and haulage business down through the decades too.

It never stops.

Began collecting seriously again back in 2008, after selling off my carpet farming operation around ten years earlier. Initially I bought most general releases from the likes of Britains, Siku, Ertl, and Universal Hobbies. Then in 2011 I became disillusioned with the hobby, and the collection of mainly modern era tractors I'd amassed. I didn't feel like I had a true connection to my collection so decided to sell all of the modern era tractors, combines and foragers off, and focus mostly on collecting models of tractors I had fond childhood memories of from the eighties, and early to mid-nineties. The more model shows I attended around this time, the more fascinated I became with scratch built and custom converted models constructed by a wealth of talented model builders. Whilst I've zero talent or patience to build models myself I massively appreciate the work of others, and have tended to focus on purchasing these types of model for my collection with classic era general releases filling in the gaps. I enjoy displaying my collection out of their boxes in cabinets dedicated to individual manufacturers. With the odd exception my collection covers tractors and associated kit built between the 1960s and 1990s.

vaux_1.jpg

vaux_3.jpg

Archived