Britains ifor williams wheels

Tractorman810

Question

Hi all

was wondering if someone could help, i need a set of wheels for a build and looking at pics the britains ifor williams ones look about right, but 

part 1

are they the same wheels on the twin axel and tripple axels versions?

part 2 

could someone provide a diameter (whole thing) and a width 

part 3

a close up pic of one??? 

many thanks

sean

3 answers to this question

the model really john and going by james and your comment prob the tripple axel may be right as they sound larger . wasnt aware james did the twins as a resin one ,so if the size is roughly ok then i will save wrecking a model and get them from him once, if he gets the time ,he confirms the dimensions . 

Tri axle and twin axle are different wheels, tri axle is narrower/more traditional looking with less tread detail, that much I know for definite. Dims I don't have at the moment, can try and get them this evening. I have the mould to do the twin axle in resin as a one piece wheel and tyre as its what i fitted to woodchipper kits.

Like James has said Sean, there are two types of trailer, the ones with the demountable container that have the smaller fat wheels underneath, and then the traditional type with the wheels outside. These are usually land rover rims and tyres, 7.5 x 16. Did you want a picture of the model or the real thing?