Irritator set-up

Gav836

Good gavin you never learn do you

OT but oh well :D :D

I learnt all right, when you're setting up this lot in the heat with 2 workmates there gets a point in the day when if there's a pub within 1 mile you need to seek it out and charge it to the bossman. Nothing like a nice cold pint on a hot day to quench your thirst  ;D:D :D :D;)

Realy good pictures gavin.

Irrigation drums have sure come a long way in a short time hey,a guy up the road from me not long ago brought a brand new irrigation drum (ocmis)he told me you almost need a degree in comptuer science to program it before you can get the water to fly. :D :D

I never realised they were so technical, I thought it was just like a scaled up hosepipe!!!

Neither did i until i got near this one a couple of years ago, or how awkward they could be for that matter, hence the irritator nickname >:( >:(>:(

one of my old bosses used to drag the pipe out most of the time & then left the tractor with the backwindow & the roof hatch open !out in the field , bloody menace he was , wouldn't be so bad if was an easy to clean& dry out, 590 or something but it was a JD 2140, he'd then ask you to do topping next & the whloe cab would be soaked  ::)

• 1 month later...

I'm sure I can remember a farmer with a Kaweco drum having a tractor on it while it was in the field - a 1973 Fiat 1000DT no less - or am I dreaming that and was it powering whatever sucked the water out of the river.  In fact I saw said Kaweco today (sans Tractor) - it tipped over in the field once, but seemed to be working fine today.  Same guy also had three old Farrow things, not much hose but plenty powerful, and then got one of those huge boom type jobbies - someone told me (not sure if its true) that the boss had a go at programming it and sent it the wrong way and it ended up in the river - like the Kaweco it looked OK, even though it was in a wheat field ???

Joe