• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

This is wot can be done with ertl ih 784 

20220118_181103.png

They might have had potential 10 to 12 years ago for modding, but with the introduction off the far more detailed Replicagri IHs over the last few years... I'd say they are past it to be honest... Now that's only my opinion. 😜

• Thanks 1

They were good to a point yea but replicagri haven't made a doncaster 784 yet unless your ultra tallented and can do them from scratch  we all know who can but hes a busy farmer too  ild love to see repli or UH do a doncaster tractor  but i think it will never happen you can drop on ertl 784s quite easy  one for conversions be better than what ertl did back in the day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IH885XLMAN said:

They were good to a point yea but replicagri haven't made a doncaster 784 yet unless your ultra tallented and can do them from scratch  we all know who can but hes a busy farmer too  ild love to see repli or UH do a doncaster tractor  but i think it will never happen you can drop on ertl 784s quite easy  one for conversions be better than what ertl did back in the 

I agree there. I would love to see a Doncaster IH along the lines off a 784 being done by Replicagri, but it's more German and French models they tend to look on. Saying that if you could source a skid and bonnet from a Replicagri 845XL for example, rear rims from ether a UH or Atlas Ford 5000 and the cab from the Ertl above with a bit off extra detailing added in for good measure . You might have a nice little homemade conversion. 😉

To be honest, the Replicagri IH’s would be too long Justin, the 844/845 etc are a good six inches or more longer than a Doncaster skid unit, I think you’d end up with something that looks more like a six cylinder conversion, and as the front of the L cab sits much further back than the XL, it would make the bonnet look even longer

• Like 1

It’s still the same skid unit Justin, as I said the European ones are noticeably longer than the Doncaster ones (which makes them a better balanced tractor for putting the power down we’ve always found), I know I can get a bit anal about the details🤣 but to be honest it just wouldn’t look right

• Like 1

This is one I started about three years ago now, but it was one of those builds that just fought me all the way, so it was relegated to the scrap bin. I must get round to having another go at some point as I spent a lot of time on one as a kid

8AF2B862-CAA5-48CD-B9F1-821753A946DA.jpeg

CA2A80C0-2916-431E-8578-E25CDD819BFB.jpeg

• Like 2

If you find it a challenge no hope for the rest of us john 

I would just convert a ertl but theres a question that they diddnt adress when they made it 

Its ment to be a 784 4wd but the grille has the extra layer of squares 

It should have the 484 584 grille if its 4wd but i think ertl at the time thought 4wd is the way forward  shame it would look nice 2wd proper done 

2 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

If you find it a challenge no hope for the rest of us john 

I would just convert a ertl but theres a question that they diddnt adress when they made it 

Its ment to be a 784 4wd but the grille has the extra layer of squares 

It should have the 484 584 grille if its 4wd but i think ertl at the time thought 4wd is the way forward  shame it would look nice 2wd proper done 

To be fair, it wasn’t a difficult build Nigel, it just kept going wrong for whatever reasons, so I shelved it!😆