Sator Onion Topper

After a bit of badgering by a few people I have broken out the model making kit again and also come up to date with how to build them. The first new model off the list is the Sator Onion Topper. I've gone for Sator as it's a brand I sell at work and to make it easy on myself as we have one in stock that I've been able to get measurements from. It will be made out of 3D printed parts and resin cast parts this time. All of the initial 3D design work has been done and the first parts are in the process of being printed. I've tried to keep it and also as detailed as possible so we'll see how it turns out now!

This is the machine it's based on

DSC_0436.JPG

DSC_0462.JPG

• Like 6

4 hours ago, sipher172 said:

That's looking really good.  I am watching your developments  closely as I have a Jones Engeneering Triple Bed Onion Topper on my build list and was unsure how to build it.  Seems like 3d printing is the way to go.  

Thanks. What I've done so far would have taken a long while to scratch build and not have been so refined or repeatable either. 3D printing has made it a lot easier to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav836 said:

Not looked at them yet, tried all the normal sources for wheels etc and had no joy so far. 

One option I have been looking at for small wheels are from Lego.  I have been looking at getting something like this for a project I am working on.  

Screenshot_20220302-073808.jpg