Model release???

WHITESNAKE01

Question

Hi all,

As seen on the website of the National Farm Toy Museum at Dyersville USA, i saw this beautifull model of a Versatile 950, articulated tractor.
This one would suite me perfect, but may be transformed to one of the Fiat-versions of the 44-series, produced by Versatile back in the '80's.
Does anybody know whether this model will be released, and if so: will it come to the European market as well??

Here's a link to their website, showing the model:
https://www.nationalfarmtoymuseum.com/versatile-950-2022-select-series-1-32.html

Many thanks in advance!

BR
Jan

16436otp_h.jpg

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

Hi @New Hollander

Indeed. i saw this model at the Hardenberg show yesterday. But the price simply didn't suite me........
So i will try to find me a Versatile, and adapt it myself to a Fiat 44-version.
Besides it might be much cheaper, and it's just a lot of fun to do yourself!

@catkom3: The 950 on singles also "popped-up" when i did a search on the internet, but the Twin-wheels in my opinion makes the model just that bit nicer!

Have a nice day!

BR
Jan

Edited by WHITESNAKE01
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks for your contributions to this Topic!
I'm sorry to say David, but i hope you didn't pay a lot for a model with "hand-written decals".................
(i don't mean the Tyro-version!).

I surely would be blown away when someone would've tried to sell me such a model.
I absolutely understand there is hardly any model of the Fiat 44-series, at least not made in higher numbers, but since this may drive prices up, one may for sure expect some quality. In my humble opinion, that is.

BR
Jan

Edited by WHITESNAKE01

2 hours ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hi all,

Thanks for your contributions to this Topic!
I'm sorry to say David, but i hope you didn't pay a lot for a model with "hand-written decals".................
(i don't mean the Tyro-version!).

I surely would be blown away when someone would've tried to sell me such a model.
I absolutely understand there is hardly any model of the Fiat 44-series, at least not made in higher numbers, but since this may drive prices up, one may for sure expect some quality. In my humble opinion, that is.

BR
Jan

I paid decent money for a conversion with a lot of history, and provenance that was converted just over 40 years ago, and has become the oldest custom converted model in my collection. Can't imagine there being too many home computers/PCs or software capable of printing accurate decals back in the early eighties either. I'm absolutely delighted with it, and very pleased to have it sat in my collection. :) 

• Like 6

On 4/19/2022 at 10:32 PM, The Tractor Twitcher said:

I paid decent money for a conversion with a lot of history, and provenance that was converted just over 40 years ago, and has become the oldest custom converted model in my collection. Can't imagine there being too many home computers/PCs or software capable of printing accurate decals back in the early eighties either. I'm absolutely delighted with it, and very pleased to have it sat in my collection. :) 

Hello David,

Whenever i've offended you, than i'm terribly sorry!!
I didn't know the age of the model with the hand-written decals, and you have a good point there, saying in the early eighties probably no-one even had a personal computer. However, it occurd to me that they were hand-written, and somehow it detracts a bit from the obviously very nice scale model.

No hard feelings though!!

BR
Jan

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hello David,

Whenever i've offended you, than i'm terribly sorry!!
I didn't know the age of the model with the hand-written decals, and you have a good point there, saying in the early eighties probably no-one even had a personal computer. However, it occurd to me that they were hand-written, and somehow it detracts a bit from the obviously very nice scale model.

No hard feelings though!!

BR
Jan

No offence taken Jan. Everyone's entitled to share their own opinions on here. :) Some of the older custom converted models I have in my collection i'm more fascinated, and excited about the history and back story to them, rather than their overall finish and accuracy......why they were converted, who converted them, and who were they made for, that kind of thing. This was one of the main reasons I bought this model. I purchased it from the people it was originally built for, and up until I bought it they had owned it for more than 40 years. It has a lot charm and character, and is also potentially a unique conversion in the UK. It has a number of interesting notes written on the back of the box relating to who it was made for which adds to it's provenance. It's a completely hand painted model with a number of scratch built parts using basic tools, files etc. Without doubt the two more modern Martyn Reeve conversions are very sharp models, with immaculate crisp paint work and accurate decals, but I still love the older conversion just as much as those. :)    

• Like 5