Weise Deutz Fahr 6215

I bought this model not really knowing too much about Deutz tractors, what I discovered was that Weise had already made 6155, 6165, 6175 and a similar 6190 old shape tractor using the same chassis size, so this model isnt actually a 6215.  The 6215 is actually in real size a longer wheelbase model when I assessed loads of online pictures. Deutz technical data is ambiguous for all models dimensions in their PDF.  So in order to fit tyres taken from an CASE 175 donor model I had to remove the cab and fender assembly (two screws under rear of chassis) and then both raise the cab a few mm's and sit it back a few mm's too look right. Theres a good 6-8 inch gap between the end of the bonnet and the cab front on a real 6215, whereas the 6175 has no more than 2 inches. I used some black rubber cable to fill the gap between bonnet and cab which matches the real machines appearance.

I replaced the numb looking beacon with something better and added a new reg plate and security sticker. It now looks about right.  I notice that Deutz 6 & 7 series tractors do look like their rear wheels are just a bit to far forward under the cab, but that is their design and people who drive them have remarked how precise they are on the road whereas other makes handle like a wayward supermarket trolley😆

P1090307.JPG

P1090306.JPG

P1090293.JPG

• Like 1

Yes Joe they were definately tacky, and to thin as well. The UH ones are much nicer.  Im surprised you let your 6165 go though, I know the tyres were iffy but the rest of the model was very good. I suppose you too are waiting for the Schuco Deutz 8280 which should also be very good if their recent 9340 is anything to go by🙂

Edited by phil phoenix

I couldn't get on with the linkage for one thing Phil, wanted to use it for the Fert spreader but it wouldn't stay raised, and if you locked the linkage the spreader was tilted too far forward, also the weight didn't want to sit on the front linkage either.  Very nice model, as was the Ros 6140, though the wheels were spaced out too far on that.  Have stuck to old faithful UH Valtras, plus the Wiking 214 I bought off you.  Doubt I will get the 8280 now.

20220323_155328.jpg

• 2 months later...

I decided to revisit my Deutz Fahr 6215 model as I just wasnt happy with the wheels. They were too big and even the fitting of smart trellies couldnt hide it. So when I saw a George Saunders video at a country fair with a Deutz dealers stand with a new 6185 warrior on it I noticed the very snazzy new wheel styling which was very similar to the old Valtra Ts.  See pic below.  This was good news as I had a full set in my spares box😎.............So I started by spraying the Ts wheels Deutz light grey and boring out the centres so they would fit over the Weise models axles.  I also rescued the wheel centres from the weise models wheels to use with the new wheels.

P1090429.JPG

P1090430.JPG

• Like 1

All finished !!

Mind you it should be a 6185 as thats the largest model in the short wheelbase 6 cyl series 6 models, which this weise model is definately a copy of.

The 6215s sit 4" taller and most have the extended rear fenders instead of the short ones on the weise models..

P1090437.JPG

P1090384.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 2