JCB 3C's

nashmach

hi there i have your machine a 3cx 2wd

You would pay too much for a 3CX over here hence why I am looking at 3C's - would like to get an early one with Fordson Major engine but I'd say they are as rare as hen's teeth. Even a 3 would be fine if it was in good nick. ;)

What do you think of the 3CX farmermarshall  :) my friend's dad bought one lately and he's got the back actor off already and its going to cost a fair few bob to fix it. (It won't slew properly something to do with the splines in the bottom)

well mines in quite old but still alot of digging left in her yet !! really how much would be thinkin of spending because i seriously am thinkin about selling an your not a million miles away.....

As little as possible yet still get something a bit decent - its really only for light farm work and maybe a bit of work around with my neighbours when I go home at the weekend and something for me to be fooling around with. As for the million miles away bit it would cost a fair bit to transport a digger from your's to mine  ;)

Still any pics of it or guide price pm  ;)

You would pay too much for a 3CX over here hence why I am looking at 3C's - would like to get an early one with Fordson Major engine but I'd say they are as rare as hen's teeth. Even a 3 would be fine if it was in good nick. ;)

What do you think of the 3CX farmermarshall  :) my friend's dad bought one lately and he's got the back actor off already and its going to cost a fair few bob to fix it. (It won't slew properly something to do with the splines in the bottom)

I've got a 3C II , bought it about 10 years ago , cost ?1500 but been worth every penny since, mine wouldn't slew properly either , splines go in the kingpost, but a local firm can re-con them for about ?200. Worth giving that a good check out before you buy , make sure everthings working as it should.

I've got a 3C II , bought it about 10 years ago , cost ?1500 but been worth every penny since, mine wouldn't slew properly either , splines go im the kingpost, but a local firm can re-con them for about ?200. Worth giving that a good check out before you buy , make sure everthings working as it should.

Leyland engine I presume. What kind of gearbox is in it?

How can you check that the slew is working right?

Any chance of a pic?

• 2 weeks later...

Get a Massey 50 or 50B (pref 50B). Torque is pref to manual.

They are lighter and more manouevreable than the older JCBs.

i used to work for a drainage contractor years go stick to a JCB other makes just havent got performance or reliability like a JCB

i used to work for a drainage contractor years go stick to a JCB other makes just havent got performance or reliability like a JCB

I'd agree with that as well as the MF's you could spend more than they are worth by just looking at the power steering system  :D :D

Not a huge fan of 50 B's anyway to be honest.

Farmermarshall nice digger should sell quickly for you  ;)

just out of interest i see in Farm and Plant magazine there is a jcb 3cx sitemaster 88 reg for sale in Co. Cork for ?8500 doesnt look in too bad condition and isnt two expensive considering its 4wd and has the 4 in 1 bucket and forks................ may be of interest to you