Info request - County FC 1174/1184

I'm keen to make one of these and had hoped to see one this weekend but alas none was present (and i'd even taken a tape measure :) )

If anyone can supply dimensions for the cab and its over hang and/or photos detail photographs of the machine or even have a decent brochure that shows some of this for sale (not had luck on ebay, seem to buy the crapo ones) that would be great.

Hopefully found a manual now (fingers crossed) :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take either :) I'm struggling to get info, I've got gibbards book and I know the wheelbase and width (if its the same as the base unit), I've searched Farmphoto, google and past ebay sales, but because I've never seen a real one I need to get an idea of the desgin, how the rear is layed out and what is in the middle so at the moment anything would be good.

I know i have a full set of 1980's county leaflets as my late father sold them and i kept the leaflets afterwards, think i may have one on the early fc as well, will look as soon as i get a minute for you

Few more questions:

Tyres, for the 1164 (don't know if the 1184 FC had similar sizes) I've found: "13.6/12 - 38.8" and on another site, "18,4-30", I don't see how these work? Help :)

Grille, is it the same size (or there abouts) as the 6600?

Thanks

FC would look better with the narrower tyres.  ;)

As for the front grille it is the very same - the only difference is the badge. ;)

12 is the rim width. The 18.4x30 is actually 18.4,15x30. We make these with wheel options for our SCALEdown range (1/32) Plain, solid wheels or 4 "window/slot" type all ?6.50/pair + ?1.50 postage (that's wheels & tyres) (?2.00 :2 pairs) & you'll need the 8 stud  wheel nut type.

Our Lime spreader contractor used to run 1184 FC's on 23.1,18x26's but I can't do them I'm afraid.

He went to Big "A" as spares were such a job to get for the Counties despite them only being in the next county.

Thanks Nigel, I will deffinatly be purchasing the right tires this time (unlike the Muir Hill 101 model which never got going), have to get the other nessacary info first though, I think I know the 26 inch rims tyres you mean if they are similar to the ones underneath the muck spreader in Gibbard's Ford Conversions, are the ones on the seahorse similar?

No the seahorse are ultra-deep lug, though not fully authentic to the real "Cane & Rice" pattern of the real Good Years which have a wavy tread bar.  They are on a 30 inch rim which I have made a plain wheel for as opposed to the flotation cavity wheel centre on the seahorse.

Nigel, another question if you don't mind, would the front axle from the Super six be "passable" (in that I realise I am not going to produce a 100% accurate replica) for a 1174/1184 either standard or with modification, I guess it is narrower??? OR would it just be a lot easier to build a FC654 or one of that type?

If you still need them i've now got the spec sheet to the 1174FC, if you want a clearer image let me know. Also have them to the 4600-FOUR, 6600-FOUR, 6700-FOUR, 7600-FOUR, 7700-FOUR, 774, 974 and 1184TW if anyone wants them  ;):)

If you still need them i've now got the spec sheet to the 1174FC, if you want a clearer image let me know. Also have them to the 4600-FOUR, 6600-FOUR, 6700-FOUR, 7600-FOUR, 7700-FOUR, 774, 974 and 1184TW if anyone wants them  ;):)

Yes please! the hubble telescope is broken :);)

Thats the beast, I've managed to find a manual for it on CD now with technical drawings but its got to come from the U.S, spec sheet would be great for now.

I've got to decide what to build now though, the early FC 654/754 with the centre cab is much easier to

build on the scaldeDOWN super six, but the cab itself is much much easier on the 1174/84.....I prefer the later so maybe it would be that accurate

Thanks Nigel, I will deffinatly be purchasing the right tires this time (unlike the Muir Hill 101 model which never got going), have to get the other nessacary info first though, I think I know the 26 inch rims tyres you mean if they are similar to the ones underneath the muck spreader in Gibbard's Ford Conversions, are the ones on the seahorse similar?

I found the image that confused me, not on the machine I thought, look like seahorse centres to me, but tyres slightly different??? Doesn't matter as its not a 1174/1184, just interesting

post-17-132638532745_thumb.jpg

I found the image that confused me, not on the machine I thought, look like seahorse centres to me, but tyres slightly different??? Doesn't matter as its not a 1174/1184, just interesting

I think they are Seahorse wheels and tyres alright - maybe they were using up old stock  ??? ???

It is, a FC754 if i remember (can't be bothered to get the book out now :)) maybe a prototype. Tyre sidewalls are missing the diamond pattern, but look nearly the same. Did the flotation centres cause extra hassle when changing wheels? Mind you a floating FC would be a very usefull machine with that platform on it

TW10 and TW 35 have different castings because they are very different using different chasses and have a longer wheelbase then the tw10 by the fact engine is larger and having the fuel tank up front  ???