Scammed?

CX820Joe

Hi.

on Sunday I saw a seller had 3 of the Britains 100 years John Deeres for sale so bought the 3650 there and then.  The following morning the 3050 and 3640 were still there so bought the 3050 as well.  The prices seemed very reasonable (49.99 and 39.99) - maybe a touch too good to be true but seller had 100 % positive feedback and quite a few ratings.

i had messages regarding both on Tuesday saying they being marked as dispatched and that tracking would be uploaded once they had been taken to the post office.  In the mean time (Wednesday) I had an offer on the 3640 too which I accepted.  I sent the seller a message to say thanks for the offer and that I had bought the 2 other models and apologised if they were already in the post and then they were having to send another parcel out.  There was no response to this message.  There has been no delivery as yet which is not so concerning as it has only been a few days since the posted notification but I now see the sellers other items have all vanished off eBay - I think there were hundreds listed, some farm models and also model railway stuff.  Does it sound iffy or am I just being over cautious?  If the items don’t turn up I think I am protected ? 

I'd personally wait a week , if you have paid via PayPal it should be fairly easy to get the money back?

There could be numerous reasons why all things have disappeared off the page?

Following this rigmarole since yesterday evening the said seller has now had 14 negative feedbacks with the same issues - so I am going to request refund

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

Following this rigmarole since yesterday evening the said seller has now had 14 negative feedbacks with the same issues - so I am going to request refund

If its who I think it is then he has previous for selling models that he doesn't actually have and taking the money and disappearing. G & M posted a warning about him a couple of weeks ago as last time he told people to go to Graham for a refund when he has nothing at all to do with him.

3 hours ago, robbo said:

If its who I think it is then he has previous for selling models that he doesn't actually have and taking the money and disappearing. G & M posted a warning about him a couple of weeks ago as last time he told people to go to Graham for a refund when he has nothing at all to do with him.

It’s not him Mike - I still think it’s odd the seller had a good record and all of a sudden stops contacting people and is now up to 20 negatives.  But I’ll just go through the process to get the money back now. 

Think I looked at some of the stuff he was selling,didn't he have the new marge models cnh big balers and the account was from Okehampton ,Devon and then some stuff was but it now, some auction,also had train stuff too was that the one?

2 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

Think I looked at some of the stuff he was selling,didn't he have the new marge models cnh big balers and the account was from Okehampton ,Devon and then some stuff was but it now, some auction,also had train stuff too was that the one?

That’s right 

22 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

That’s right 

I remember he was listing models,with some marge stuff, deffo a nh fr forager some 4 or 6 months back also,i was nearly tempted with a kuhn fert spreader which suddenly went off his listings last sunday

I hope I will get the refund soon but I just find the situation very strange that the seller would have a perfect record and then for this to happen.  Were the 140 odd sales just a way of establishing a good record before deliberately ripping people off or is the seller incapacitated somehow?  Though if that were the case their other items would surely not have all been taken down.  If it was deliberate would it constitute fraud with police consequences? 

Or perhaps a good seller's account was hacked, and used for nefarious purposes. Other option, and this happened to me, I was in a car crash whilst selling stuff, and then spent 8 weeks in hospital. Had to get friends and family to send what was already packed or email the rest, but it took a while.

On 4/24/2024 at 11:25 PM, fordmajor said:

Ahh was it Canns Models Oakhampton ???

More negative feedback now, 40 + one of them does mention this shop and another eBay ID which the user had been scammed by so looks like the person has a history of it. 
they have until tomorrow to respond but I can’t see it happening and hopefully eBay will refund me then 

Hi, just joined the forum as I believe ive been stung by the same seller on Ebay as nothing got delivered to me either. Had a couple of auctions wins when they had 100% seller score, but now with the recent feedback looks like they've took the money and run with hundreds of orders!

Hope Ebay can refund without issue. The worst encounter ive had on Ebay so far

4 hours ago, SteveR94 said:

Hi, just joined the forum as I believe ive been stung by the same seller on Ebay as nothing got delivered to me either. Had a couple of auctions wins when they had 100% seller score, but now with the recent feedback looks like they've took the money and run with hundreds of orders!

Hope Ebay can refund without issue. The worst encounter ive had on Ebay so far

I have had refunds for 2 of the items today but can’t get eBay to step in on the other item until the 30th.  It seems unlikely the seller will appear out of nowhere and send that order when there are 75 negatives and counting.  It actually says: ‘you should hear from the seller soon’ - what a joke!
it takes a little while but you should get your money back.