Time for a change!

844john

13 minutes ago, robbo said:

Ooh, what brought that on?

Well, the Deere was at about 10,000hrs Mike and she needed a few jobs doing so we thought it was the right time to change her. I was looking for another Deere but couldn’t find what I was after locally and at sensible money when we came across the Massey, and as a loader tractor they seem very well thought of, so we thought we’d give it a go

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

lots of welding new bracket onto attachments now then john?? 

That is a bit of a problem Sean, our other loader tractor that we still have has a Trima loader, so we converted the Deere to a Trima headstock when we got it. The Massey’s on euro, so some attachments will have to be altered but we’ll leave some that we tend to only use on the old tractor

8 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

looks tidy,those drop nose bonnets always look like a good idea for loader tractors

It’s cleaned up quite nicely Jamie, the loader was discoloured but that seems to be very common with them, I think Quicke were only used to painting them grey! I’m hoping that a spell will a machine polisher should revive it though. You’re right about the bonnet though, and it has the Visio roof with the glass sunroof at the front, which really makes a difference as well when the loader’s raised

Edited by 844john
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete132 said:

Do you find it very hoppy on the road 

I don’t know what it’ll be like without the loader Pete, but with it on it actually rides much better than the Deere did, as it could be a bit hoppy. The loader has smooth ride which definitely helps though