Fendt in action Day 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to expensive to change??

no , just a few bolts & it will come off & a pickup hitch can be fitted, but why change if the whole farm is geared up for  this , it would cost a fortune changing every trailer & implement  & all just to have a pickup hitch :-\

no , just a few bolts & it will come off & a pickup hitch can be fitted, but why change if the whole farm is geared up for  this , it would cost a fortune changing every trailer & implement  & all just to have a pickup hitch :-\

THATS WHAT I MEANT YOU F*****G NUMPTY!!!!!!

+ PICK UP HITCHES WOULD NEED BOUGHT TO FIT TO THE TRACTORS IF THEY DONT HAVE ONE!

THATS WHAT I MEANT YOU F*****G NUMPTY!!!!!!

+ PICK UP HITCHES WOULD NEED BOUGHT TO FIT TO THE TRACTORS IF THEY DONT HAVE ONE!

:D :D :D calm down mate ,blimey i didn't think i pulled yer chain that hard  :D :D :D;)

i think the trailer issue has more to do with how they are hitched up , at one time a pick up hitch was an optional extra ,i think they still are in euroland ?,only in the last 20yrs or so the uk were they classed as a standard fitment , whereas the euro tractors came with a clevis hitch that was fitted above the pto shaft near the center of the axle but not quite as high as the top link .

If you look at pics 1 ,6 ,7 ,10 ,11 & 13 follow the drawbar from the trailers to the tractor & you'll see that they don't go down to the level of where a pick up hitch would be .

If for example each one of those trailers were to hold 10tons, you couldn't expect that little deutz 3.90, to try & hitch up a 20ton load with out putting a great deal of stress on the rear end & the tyres :o , but it can pull it with no extra stress required than to just keep it moving  :) no doubt Gromtrigger  could of course explain it better :)

can you get a good pic of the back end of any of these tractors gggb?

Well - UK has followed another route compared with Europe.  We traditionally tow from the pickup hitch - health and safety like this way as the lower you pull the further forward the Centre of Gravity which means the tractor doesn't tip up, to confirm this there is a video from H&S showing this if you can be ars*d.  The Europeans mainly tow the American way and remove the pickup hitch and attach a hitch frame near the top link.  Advantages, well one is if the pickup is removed there is better ground clearance and with the combination of the hitch being higher means baling is a dream as the straw etc doesn't roll under the tractor or hitch. all our Vicon balers have drawbars that can be altered to euro spec. and also the Rau sprayers. disadvantages, if you tow so high and above the axle height you have more chance of flipping the tractor if you loads stops suddenly as the C of G is high.  There are a few farmers ive been to running high hitchs and mainly for baling.

UK do many thing the rest of the world don't  - 1000 pto is one - you will see a lot our machines now come in with 6 spline even for 1000.

hope this helps

lookin at the pictures the pto comes out below the towing point?? hows that work with a baler?

Well the pto goes underneath it :)

Most draw bars are bolted on with the PTO on top to a gearbox - if you unbolt our belt baler drawbar for example and turn it over and bolt it back on the pto (still attached to the gearbox) becomes underneath.

I will post some pictures to conclude this :)

i see

I struggle with pictures  - but just to confirm you don't just move the ring the whole drawbar needs altering - Welger and Claas balers swivel up and down at the baler end of the drawbar but take a look sometime and you will spot it on most balers - they will pivot or turn upsidedown. :)

Well the pto goes underneath it :)

Most draw bars are bolted on with the PTO on top to a gearbox - if you unbolt our belt baler drawbar for example and turn it over and bolt it back on the pto (still attached to the gearbox) becomes underneath.

I will post some pictures to conclude this :)

You can lower the hitch up and down,if you look at the pics they sit in a slide on each side,When its in its lowest position its well below the PTO shaft