What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I have a heap of ironing to do so I can pack for my hols.  Ironing is not my favourite chore and the sun is shining and I would rather be doing someting else... :(

But then, if I do the ironing I shall look extremely smart while on holiday!   ;D

Always look on the bright side  :D

Where are you going Sue? and yes, I will do my best to go to Toytrac (what did Cerin pay to suggest this???!!!!)

Where are you going Sue? and yes, I will do my best to go to Toytrac (what did Cerin pay to suggest this???!!!!)

Off to Berlin and Prague by rail.  Never been to Berlin but have visited Prague before, lovely city. 

Cerin paid me nothing, by the way. It was all my idea!

Was watering the garden last night and saw some traffic backing up at the bottom of the garden so went down to see what was happening.... about 40 yards up from our place is a tight bend and a biker had been coming down hill and run wide on the left hander and ploughed into a car coming out of the village.... Turned out to be the farm manager from the estate's wife.... she was in a right state and the biker was lying in the road, his RSV Mille was a pile of bits.... A guy from the pub, his mate and another biker were sorting things out and there were a couple of other dozy coots stood there, one of whom I presumed had 'made the call' so I went straight past and stopped all the traffic up the hill to stop anyone else ploughing into it being right on a blind bend. After about 20 minutes the local police came past me and shortly after that the air ambulance.... I was up there for 45 minutes before I was relieved by one of the police who'd been down at the scene who went on up and closed the road... I was bloody starving and my tea was fairly well overcooked by the time I finally got back in! >:(::):D :D

It was a fairly typical 'local event'.... I knew the copper and a rapid response paramedic who lives in the village by name, Mrs knows the driver, the only one we didn't know was the biker ::) And the first van I stopped was a bloke who used to work in my cars who I hadn't seen for at least 5 years... a very sociable accident then.... :D

Fortunately the guy was OK, he was moving about when I walked past him and from what I was told he only hurt his arm... not bad for a 30 foot swan dive over a car... :-\

I seem to spend most of my free time directing traffic outside this house, either because of floods or accidents ::):D

...I seem to spend most of my free time directing traffic outside this house, either because of floods or accidents ::):D

Good man.  Someone obviously needs to!    At least directing traffic is a rather better than picking up dead/injured cats from the road.  Boy! but they do speed through our village (30 mph? Doesn't apply to them)

Well done Simon, do you want a job full time? You can have mine if you want  :P :P :P :P.

I have taken a couple of days off, playing golf on Wednesday in a charity event, Thursday going over to Yorkshire to see an old Aunty then on Friday going to Brighton for 2 days to see my step sister and family. Well the real reason for going to Brighton is to see my brother in laws model train collection, he is a good scratchbuilder by all accounts so I will be delving deep into his collection ;) ;) ;) ;)

Pressure washed a sheep weigh crate and about 20 lobster pots ready to go in the local paper. Also pressure washed the paths around the house down. Also got all my fences painted in the garden and have been training the puppy. Also went to the tip this morning to get rid of all the card from the garden furniture and all the garden waste and grass clippings.