What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Delivered 36 bales of straw with no problems. Then had a surprise. The 165 railway shunter was to be picked up from the home of The Coldridge Collection! :) It was dead so I winched it up on with the help of Mr Thorn himself. What a nice chap! Just pulled a very dead 565 up on near Witheridge using crane, winch and a ratchet strap for a fail safe. Grabbing a break here before heading back Taunton way for a mower but space is a bit lacking!

Tris have you ever had to let a potential delivery go because of lack of room on the trailer?

Been Christmas shopping today and a bit of food shopping to stock up a bit as they give considerable snowfalls from tomorrow night and bitter cold icy conditions. Everyone else must have had the same idea as the town was heaving with people all dithering along getting in the way and shops all packed with ditherers. I knew what I wanted to get so could speedily go from shop to shop and try and avoid the ditherers but they were still getting in the way and the stupid checkout persons were so slow you'd think they were half asleep. And the car parking, well, full of impatiant abusive people who were in a hurry to park their cars and could not wait for an available place and try and get in in front of the next car, tooting, effin and blinding with faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp. It's official, I HATE CHRISTMAS.

Delivered 36 bales of straw with no problems. Then had a surprise. The 165 railway shunter was to be picked up from the home of The Coldridge Collection! :) It was dead so I winched it up on with the help of Mr Thorn himself. What a nice chap! Just pulled a very dead 565 up on near Witheridge using crane, winch and a ratchet strap for a fail safe. Grabbing a break here before heading back Taunton way for a mower but space is a bit lacking!

hes got rid of the shunter eh, saw that the year before last, looked a bit of a state to say the least, but thought it was running at the time

Been Christmas shopping today and a bit of food shopping to stock up a bit as they give considerable snowfalls from tomorrow night and bitter cold icy conditions. Everyone else must have had the same idea as the town was heaving with people all dithering along getting in the way and shops all packed with ditherers. I knew what I wanted to get so could speedily go from shop to shop and try and avoid the ditherers but they were still getting in the way and the stupid checkout persons were so slow you'd think they were half asleep. And the car parking, well, full of impatiant abusive people who were in a hurry to park their cars and could not wait for an available place and try and get in in front of the next car, tooting, effin and blinding with faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp. It's official, I HATE CHRISTMAS.

I think I'm with you there Tim, sometimes I just wish it would all go away ::)

hes got rid of the shunter eh, saw that the year before last, looked a bit of a state to say the least, but thought it was running at the time

To be fair to the old thing it's quit tidy really. Rust in the cab window frames but it's straight. Original seat, heater, some soundproofing, even the pole for hooking the chain link over the rolling stock hook. Also, it's hydrostatic. I quite like the old lump really but I fear all the ballast and shunting plates, cab and bottom framework will be wieghed in and the rest will be made into 'just another 165' :( :( I don't think Mr Thorne wanted it to go really, he was fond of it but it was another project he couldn't see himself completing. Sad I think.

Just got back from the Hospital... Lumpy shut his wife's fingers in the baler door (accidentally of course) today and has all but taken the tips clean off two of them... poor girl.. she was in a right state.. looks like she's shattered the bones in the tips (crush injury).. de-gloved the ends (skin clean off and all but severed both of them by the looks of things.  She's got to have an operation on Monday morning to try to save the tips and clean things up a little (they told me they'd take the nails off.. and put them back on again if they can  :of :of

I've seen some gruesome sights in my time... but this one is up there with the best of them.. the poor girl was howling in pain.. I panicked as well... called an ambulance... arrived in just a few minutes thankfully.. closely followed by two Police officers who came to assess if it was a 'crime scene' on behalf of the HSE.. phone RIDDOR to report the incident at 2.30pm today to be told.. we are closed.. call back on Monday AM  :of :of .. have since filed a report on line and I'm awaiting the HSE 'Storm troopers' any time soon  :of

Poor lumpy was beside himself... what a feeling he must have had to cause those kind of injuries to his own Mrs  :'( .. poor sod  :'(

The door is VERY heavy.. metal in a metal frame and only has about a 2-3mm gap around the door to frame space  :of :'( .. makes my eyes water just thinking about it  :'( :'( :'(

Bloody good service from the Emergency services mind you - especially the Police who it appears make the initial emergency response on behalf of the HSE to preserve evidence in what can potentially be a crime scene  :-\

Ouch, ouch and double ouch. That sounds horrible, Mark. I did similar to two right hand fingers in a McConnel topper. Poor girl and poor Lumpster. It just goes to show what can happen in the blink of an eye and it's a good job you invest in new machinery which are maintained and in full working order. It goes to show it is worth it. I hope the paperwork side is all plain sailing. No reason why it should be.

ouch marky, thats not a nice one, seen a guy at work do similar after he put his hand under a box cover and it came off the key, lost the end half of his little finger completly, and the other 3 suffered like mrs lumpy, but they got them back on ok, so with luck she will be ok,