What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Been sorting out the yard and then moved some peas with the 7530 :)  then got offered to go back down hampshire/wiltshire borders if want to go on silage gang for season but don't know really be massive fun as know fair few the lads and forager driver and great experience but got good job here :-\

where you been then trissy, i was that way today ,just outside totnes on the newton abbot road, got filthy today cleaning a box out, wel la manhole, we had a gully sucker there, but the guy wasnt trained to enter the box, so i had to get in with the jet wash and hose, goggles on hat the works, overalls and full waterproofs and i still got filthy ,mud on my trousers and top  arms in my hair under all that gear , but the box is ready for a few days nice and easy work now

Diptford, Sean. Out in the sticks. ... Menhenoit style!!  :laugh: :laugh:

yeah know that place well, a well used short cut from plymouth to dartmouth down them lanes, not quite as bad as cornwall, but close :D :D  what farm was it?? been to a good few round there, may well have seen the case, good few out that way

worked near their recently, ,well month or so, prob 2 miles away at bickham bridge ,just drag the map down, know it reasonably well out that way, so more than likely i have seen it arround, good few old case ih still work that area on the smaller farms, had one pull my van out of a rut on the verge a while back

Work as per normal ..then  I collected my Notebook computer from my folks since it was not collected by (lets say by an un-named courier).

Anyway once I got home the notebook did not fire up....but after going through the previous Costco Helpline Service it did......anyway now I'm live ....I plan not to log off.....so if you see me on-line I'm not suffering from insominia ;D ;D

Work as per normal ..then  I collected my Notebook computer from my folks since it was not collected by (lets say by an un-named courier).

Anyway once I got home the notebook did not fire up....but after going through the previous Costco Helpline Service it did......anyway now I'm live ....I plan not to log off.....so if you see me on-line I'm not suffering from insominia ;D ;D

But be careful Bill you might suffer Deep Vein Thrombosis if you go for a log-on record! :of;)

just had to go and pick my 89year old grandpa off the floor, he collapsed trying to go to the bathroom....he's got norovirus as of 3am!

that was rather traumatic..... beginning of the end? quite possibly... :-\

now sipping Justerini & Brooks Special Reserve Cognac, only £300 a bottle... dad's going to go spare!  ::)

just had to go and pick my 89year old grandpa off the floor, he collapsed trying to go to the bathroom....he's got norovirus as of 3am!

that was rather traumatic..... beginning of the end? quite possibly... :-\

now sipping Justerini & Brooks Special Reserve Cognac, only £300 a bottle... dad's going to go spare!  ::)

I think you deserve it after that diagnosis Alex :-\

effectively, my grandpa is supposed to look after my grandma who has alzheimer's (carers come 2x a day). it's getting to the point where they'll have to go into a nursing home though, he is however too stubborn and will probably continue like this until...well you get the point.

between them they're breaking my heart. they have more or less bankrolled me for the last 20 years and now i can't do anything to help them...

:'(

effectively, my grandpa is supposed to look after my grandma who has alzheimer's (carers come 2x a day). it's getting to the point where they'll have to go into a nursing home though, he is however too stubborn and will probably continue like this until...well you get the point.

between them they're breaking my heart. they have more or less bankrolled me for the last 20 years and now i can't do anything to help them...

:'(

yes Alex I know how this goes too..........ive also seen it............its not easy watching  knowing you cant help makes it even worse........such a pity old age doesnt come itself...

But be careful Bill you might suffer Deep Vein Thrombosis if you go for a log-on record! :of;)

Well possibly Chris...what I did was such down programs except for email and put the beast in standby mode just in case it decided it did not want to boot up today.

Bill... I only ever hibernate my laptop... I never turn it off... at work I don't let anyone turn any of my PC's off.. we just lock them (security) and turn off the screens  :-\

Alex... that's awful news mate... I hope Grandpa gets over his Norro very fast so he can get back to nursing Gran

Bill... I only ever hibernate my laptop... I never turn it off... at work I don't let anyone turn any of my PC's off.. we just lock them (security) and turn off the screens  :-\

Ok Mark I have seen that option of hibernate as well but never used it. At weekends I seen me fire up in the morning and then when I go to do other things I'll just hit the standby button. I'm no computer person other than using it but do you know what the difference is between hibernation and standby ( in computer terms that is ;) ;)

cheers marky, just had to pick him up off the floor again. he's off to hospital now...

Not so good Alex but I'm sure he is in the best place where he can get 24/7 attention.

I know how you're feeling, Alex. Nanna who was diagnosed with stomach cancer and latterly that it had spread to liver and lungs I believe. To top it off, se fell and broke her hip on Monday. Out of hospital already after surgery though. The hospital likes to get elderly in and out quickly and back to their normal routines. Pneumonia can set in and make their condition worse otherwise. Chin up old bean.

So what are you doing with the broken pick-up now Chris ???

It's probably going for scrap/parts. Parts have been traced for it but I'm told they are prohibitively expensive to replace. I'm just waiting for the paperwork from the Total Loss people, and eventually I suppose look for a new set of wheels :( . For now, unless the insurers provide me with a new courtesy car I'm stuck with a broken pickup to drive. This is a new situation for me Bill, I'm just feeling my way through it.