What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Well for me I was at the slurry today for the guy next door to me i was driving a one of his nice JD6630's with 2050gal Redrock tanker with boom take's awhile to get use to that boom ha ha! but all n all had a nice few days off from work but it now back to selling Peugeot's tomorrow I'm afraid :(

More digging today, one of the js330 was out of action due to a hydraulic leak, which ment i was down in the hole digging and manning the spoil heap with the liebherr, going to try and get a loading shovel brought on site tommorow, much quicker loading lorries than with the tracked machine, got a squad of boys coming to install trench sheet things to stop the side of the hole falling in, having to dig much more out due to soft ground

Busy old Sunday for me the plan was to have a lazy day get up and leave Natalie to work aka A&E and wash Natalies car and give it a good wax and spring clean but that plan went out the window at 08.15 this morning so left Natalie to work on my way home I got phone call from the neighbour ( are you free today??? aaaah yes why can you come and spread slurry for me??? aaaah YES :D so ive been flat out at slurry with the JD6630 and Redrock tanker.

Been out working 6 til 5, in the sun, breaking out rock with a jcb js290, while the volvo ec460 cleared the rock into a dumper, got home, shower, s*%t and a shave and went out for a meal with my ever so grumpy girlfriend... Got home from the restraun, straight on eBay ordering a load of ppe, tommorow I've got a small job outside Glasgow to have a look at, then probably back to my digging, busy week ahead, got to have our hole dug out by Thursday, its going to be a struggle.

More digging, site became a swamp once the frost melted, more containers, offices and toilet blocks put in place, a large pile driver has arrived on site, also a tracked crane, which has been "parked" in a stupid place with its jib resting on the deck, a js330 was taken off site, also the liebherr what I was operating and replaced with a doosan loading shovel

Edited by HS.

If you leave slurry to settle without stirring does it thicken so as to become "un-pumpable" (for want of a better word)?

You should be ok for 24hours we have mixed slurry just to let us have some room in our tanks once mixed it wil go down a few feet and it hasnt made it hard to mix again.

Last minute hedgetrimming today. Havnt done any since September as the ground conditions were not too good. Now we have had a couple of cold dry weeks or so I can just go round and doba few tops steadily. I'm leaving the sides so as to not traffic the ground too much.

698T on the job of course :)

• Like 2

Last minute hedgetrimming today. Havnt done any since September as the ground conditions were not too good. Now we have had a couple of cold dry weeks or so I can just go round and doba few tops steadily. I'm leaving the sides so as to not traffic the ground too much.

698T on the job of course :)

Hey Tris could we have some Pictures of this fine machine in action :D

The tire on my loadingshovel sort off went flat at around half ten this morning, drove over a bit of reinforcing and punctured the tire, soi I've been sitting in the piece hut since then, doing cross words, making alphabetty spaghetti, moaning, then went out onto the site and shouted at a load off boys for standing around doing nothing... Didn't go down well with the other boys, but I'm the boss, I deserve a break now and again

• Like 1

Done my first sacking of 2013, found out one of my boys has been stealing company property, a wacker plate and stihl saw went missing off site last night, one of the clients labourers went to cut some steel and it wasn't there, after checking 12 vans, including mine, they were found in his, looking through the CCTV it shows him opening the gates at half 3 this morning, opening the container lifting them into his van with another man, locking up then driving off again, so I sacked him, can't have people working for me stealing from my clients, giving me, and the rest of the company a bad reputation, he said after I kicked him off the site I was being harsh, I thought i was being kind,