What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Well after unloading 20t of roof tiles at Wayne Rooney's nexdoor nieghbour in Prestbury yesterday I parked up in a haulage co's yard we know near Newcastle Under Lyme. Loaded 27t of Ibstock bricks this morning in N-Under-L and had a steady jaunt down the M6, M5, A417 and A419 to Swindon. Tipped my bricks, 10mile back up A419 to South Cerney where I have just reloaded 23t of stone to go home with. A new airkit awaits me at the yard after I have unloaded 1 mile from the missus' house. No sugar ta love!!

Trying to get through 6 pages of unread posts. :(

if you read everyone you'll be here a while ::)!....i find the ones where there are 30 posts for a topic you replied to on page 1 the worst or new topics that were posted when you were away and have several pages to digest first before you can reply (FTF Paint picture one) :D :D :D

Started combining shovelling the trailer loads into the pit to go into wet bins 150 ton shifted then constantly pushing it up in the barn and keeping the wet bins full as the dryer went through them its slow 50 ton in 9 hours :-[ then as day went on i had to sepperate the dry grain fro wet grain and put it into two halves using forklift in all i didnt get lunch till 5 and even then it was half a sandwich

Oh no - full time or just till the weather picks up again

Sorry for your toubles mate  :(

Permanent as of end of August, packing up contracting due to lack of funds, surplus machinery being sold and one of our contract farms is taking on all of the existing contracts hence the new kit. Only 3 blokes are needed and i'm the youngest and will be the one who finds it easier to get another job its me whos gone :(

Sorry to hear that.  :( :( :'(

What you gonna do then ???

I don't know yet, going to make a few phonecalls about going back self employed for various people, i needed this like a hole in the head at the minute :( :'(

Not expecting that as the boss told me 2 months ago, not even that, that my job was secure so i'm a bit narked at the minute. But i did know that finances were tight and things were a bit shakey, he did say he'd wanted to be honest with me and has been as soon as he had plans confirmed and has been. Yet another one goes to the wall :( :(

His words to me were i'm just a boy living on borrowed money as i have no farm. Basically his whole business was contract farming and he got the last 2500 acres in quick succession and had to buy a lot of kit in one go, all of which is coming up for replacement in one go and the running costs are getting high. Add to that the fact that one of the tractors cost ?8k in repairs earlier this year and ?5k on the combine service then you can see whats been causing some of the problems :-\

His words to me were i'm just a boy living on borrowed money as i have no farm. Basically his whole business was contract farming and he got the last 2500 acres in quick succession and had to buy a lot of kit in one go, all of which is coming up for replacement in one go and the running costs are getting high. Add to that the fact that one of the tractors cost ?8k in repairs earlier this year and ?5k on the combine service then you can see whats been causing some of the problems :-\

Can see his point too - but its not much consolation to you  :( :( :'(

At least there is one consolation, if Pingu can get a job, anyone can!  :D :D ::);)

I suppose you have a point there, and i have hands and not flippers as well ::) ::):D :D  As you say a sh1t deal though  :(

Thats harsh mate, what turd day your having. From our conversation the other day you didnt seem too happy there anyhow, still havin the choice to stay or leave taken from you is still a bit sh1t. Chin up, chest out. This could be a mixed blessing. All the best Gav.

Thats harsh mate, what turd day your having. From our conversation the other day you didnt seem too happy there anyhow, still havin the choice to stay or leave taken from you is still a bit sh1t. Chin up, chest out. This could be a mixed blessing. All the best Gav.

Cheers Tris, i haven't been too happy there but as far as i knew it was a secure job for as long as i wanted it. Yes i'm not happy at being made redundant and shall miss the team i work with on the other farm i shall not miss the one person i spend most of the time with who has been making my life miserable, so i'm also relieved and happier like that.

Just got finished walking back from school, about a mile up the road. Unfortunatly as I was walking up the street, I noticed a flashing sign that said it was 102 degrees outside!!!!!!!!!!  Bought a drink at McDonald's and the ice melted before I could cross the street.

That's a kick on the balls ain't it Gav  :-\ What do they say though, when one door closes another one opens ;):) :)

Been in the straw again today, carting this morning and afternoon and then baled 15 acres of oat straw this evening :) :)