What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

was out till midnight last night watching 4 displays of fire works over plymouth sound , part of the national fireworks competition had 4 the night before to, hell of a sight about 3/4 of a mill of fireworks going of over 4 15min displays, and at exactlly the time they started up the low cloud cleared up to, so could see all the high level ones as well

Being made redundant :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

That's really bum news Gavin. In this part of the world there are always opportunities for skilled people like yourself.........plenty muppets but few with knowledge and experience. I hope something turns up for you.

I'm pretty much redundant here.........haven't turned a harvest wheel for 7 days now......rain/mist. 3 miles inland from me they are cutting at 16%  :'( :'(

Sounds ace TM, you ever been down Poole on a Thursday night? Ever Thursday throughout the summer they have fireworks over the harbour, its brilliant

na to far for me mate unless i do a overnighter, they have this event down here every year over two nights in august, dont think you could get a better backdrop to be honest,must have been a good 3-400 small boats out in the sound all light up, along with the big fair / show on the hoe to then those in the middel, didn't go to the first nights one but i live aproxx 4 miles in a crow line from the hoe,down in a vally and the windows were shaking from the big buggers going of, gave you a real  thump stood up there

Being made redundant :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(

Know how you feel mate i lost my job a couple of weeks ago because the boss just couldnt afford to keep the business going. Id only been there 2 months and got a weeks notice. Hopefully want to have a new job by the end of this month.

That's really bum news Gavin. In this part of the world there are always opportunities for skilled people like yourself.........plenty muppets but few with knowledge and experience. I hope something turns up for you.

I'm pretty much redundant here.........haven't turned a harvest wheel for 7 days now......rain/mist. 3 miles inland from me they are cutting at 16%  :'( :'(

Thanks, got a few contacts i'm making use of, but down here good jobs are hard to find at the minute, looking at going self employed again now.

Know how you feel mate i lost my job a couple of weeks ago because the boss just couldnt afford to keep the business going. Id only been there 2 months and got a weeks notice. Hopefully want to have a new job by the end of this month.

Definately not good is it. Only thing in my favour is i've been there 5 years so i do get a pay off and i should have had 5 weeks notice but i only have 2 :-\

Sorry to hear that Gav......What are you up to for the last couple of weeks? Best of luck mate...... :);) ;)

i've just got to finish the combining then thats it basically, will be no work for me after that with the new people

Fixing me massey, some  c u next tuesday put a wee hole in the rad while blowing oat straw dust out of it :-[. Front linkage, air filters, oil coolers, the whole lot had to come out, just so I could solder it up >:( >:(>:(

Fixing me massey, some  c u next tuesday put a wee hole in the rad while blowing oat straw dust out of it :-[. Front linkage, air filters, oil coolers, the whole lot had to come out, just so I could solder it up >:( >:(>:(

How he manage to make a hole just blowing it out he bang it or something  ??? ??? not had that and we have to blow the carters out daily  ??? ???  and how did the oat straw do nath?

Would RadWeld/Seal not do the job Nath?  ???;) ;)

I tried that first Mart ;) The hole was a little on the large side, even for 2 bottles of the stuff :-\ :-\

How he manage to make a hole just blowing it out he bang it or something  ??? ??? not had that and we have to blow the carters out daily  ??? ???  and how did the oat straw do nath?

We took the oil coolers off first to wash them out, getting them in and out is very tight and tricky with the hoses etc and we must have caught the main rad with one of the edges on the oil cooler, was in too much of a rush too get back to straw carting ::) ::)

The oat straw was a right bugger to bale, axial flow had combined it so was smashed to high heaven and we really struggled to pick the stuff up, it just kept rolling up and coming out the sides of the pickup ::) ::)::)

The dust was also a bugger, had to get out and clean the grills every now and then as the massey was getting red hot :-\ :-\ ;D

I tried that first Mart ;) The hole was a little on the large side, even for 2 bottles of the stuff :-\ :-\

We took the oil coolers off first to wash them out, getting them in and out is very tight and tricky with the hoses etc and we must have caught the main rad with one of the edges on the oil cooler, was in too much of a rush too get back to straw carting ::) ::)

The oat straw was a right bugger to bale, axial flow had combined it so was smashed to high heaven and we really struggled to pick the stuff up, it just kept rolling up and coming out the sides of the pickup ::) ::)::)

The dust was also a bugger, had to get out and clean the grills every now and then as the massey was getting red hot :-\ :-\ ;D

Called for more drastic measures then eh Nath...... :-\ ;) ;)