What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

The school is only about 2 minutes drive up road from the farm so i took tractor and wagon up road slowly and picked them up from school ,some parents gave my a funny look as i pulled in carpark ,some waved ,some took photos but you could tell some thought what the hell is going on here 👍 grandchildren loved it thats what matter ,will see if it get talked about tomorrow and i get a letter saying you cant bring that in here 🤣😂🤨

20230523_162223.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just been and got 2 of the items i bid on in sale , 3 fordson major rear wheel centres ,there is 2 round ones which i will use but it was the one cutout one i needed to make up a set but as one lot i had to have all 3 , other item is a big bag lifter ,sometimes pallet tines cut handles on big bags and on unloading lorrys you have to be very carefull on not hiting the roof while trying to get bags just of the deck so hopefully this will make job a bit better 

20230525_152754.jpg

20230525_154338.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looks like you been busy again Smithy. I'm just in the process of polishing the 804 and 472 ready for their first outing this weekend... 

IMG_20230526_104903.jpg

IMG_20230526_131750.jpg

Yes allways busy ,i got the rims for a project i have planned well the cutaway one other 2 was part of the lot ,if next week go to plan me and my mate are going to tackle the brakes on my major and look at a oil leak but the wheel centre is for another major we may tackle allow that is more of a winter thing for me ,will be intouch shortly with some photos maybe 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smithy said:

Yes allways busy ,i got the rims for a project i have planned well the cutaway one other 2 was part of the lot ,if next week go to plan me and my mate are going to tackle the brakes on my major and look at a oil leak but the wheel centre is for another major we may tackle allow that is more of a winter thing for me ,will be intouch shortly with some photos maybe 

Sounds like your making an ever growing list of jobs Smithy... Are your major brakes drum or the later dry disc type like on a super major? Disc type not bad to work on, not too dissimilar to the ones Nuffield used and then carried over into he Leylands. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Sounds like your making an ever growing list of jobs Smithy... Are your major brakes drum or the later dry disc type like on a super major? Disc type not bad to work on, not too dissimilar to the ones Nuffield used and then carried over into he Leylands. 

Drum brakes, photo not good as cant get a good shot ,its also got a slight leak on halfshaft but i am told its because gearbox is leaking into back axle and pushing oil level up higher than it should be and causing it to leak ? I am not sure on that but am looking into it 

20230526_163152.jpg

20230526_163225.jpg

• Like 2

This morning i powerharrowed these 2 gardens for my brother ,i went over them 5or6 times in differant directions to get them levellish ,going to run a small grass harrow over them on monday and if we think its ok we got the grass seed to chuck on 

20230527_110146.jpg

20230527_110215.jpg

20230527_110437.jpg

20230527_110607.jpg

20230527_110612.jpg

• Like 6