What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Got to wheelbarrow couple of tonne of top soil up into Tracis grandads garden to fill a pond in. Back home after to get ready for Tuesdays work - sandblasting company coming to take outside wall back to bare brick :)

Got to wheelbarrow couple of tonne of top soil up into Tracis grandads garden to fill a pond in. Back home after to get ready for Tuesdays work - sandblasting company coming to take outside wall back to bare brick :)

the sandblasting tris,is that where you had the damp?

Yeah, part of the problem (most of the problem!!) Paul is the outside wall is painted - any moisture getting into the wall is getting trapped and then coming out into the house so the wall is not breathing as these old houses should. Going to take the paint and the original lime wash off, re-point with lime mortar (as is the original mortar) and then put a new lime wash on.

Yeah, part of the problem (most of the problem!!) Paul is the outside wall is painted - any moisture getting into the wall is getting trapped and then coming out into the house so the wall is not breathing as these old houses should. Going to take the paint and the original lime wash off, re-point with lime mortar (as is the original mortar) and then put a new lime wash on.

we used to make our own lime wash,with skimmed milk and formaldehyde,only recently painted a property at totnes,but that was with pre made and mixed limewash

sure the old place will look better once stripped back tris, you may even consider leaving it just brick if it looks in good condition after repointing mate? ??? ??

for me a bit of gardening, cut the new lawn for the first time since it was laid, looks very nice i must say ,then took the oldies out to the garden center, nasty place that, very busy  ,didnt even get my breakfast bap i usally have as it was to busy n there, now back home, done a bit of baking with my itallian pasty ,and with luck, after tea and a visit to the little one up the road do some more on the almer salmon

It's getting serious in these parts Gav dads place have pumped one reservoir dry and now have a 13ton digger in there making it bigger :of

not that much better down here i must say gav/paul, very little appreciable rain fall , the crops  wheat wise dont look well at all, the spuds i have seen planted are just coming through , they are giving us rain this week coming mind??

pebble dash will soon come of mate, may also be another damp stopper to ???? for the front wall anyway, most of the other houses round you look to have been brick fronted origonally, i doubt any would have been limed till later on in life

That wall doesn't give us any problem so far though mate so we don't want to disturb it really. A couple of semi's opposite are pebble dashed and are older than ours by a further 100years we think. I think we'd both prefer brick to be honest but we've enough to already - topic being updated this evening  :)

spent most of the afternoon showing 10 top bt managers arround the build in st austel we are doing, one was the head engineer for the company, had a good discussion of a few problems with the new kit, and had lunch bought for me in a very nice pub by him, also got a open invitation for a guided tour by him at martlesham if i ever fancy it, helps hes a suffolk boy and knows the area we used to farm really well as he was bought up round there, infact it seems he may well know one of my uncles from school, need to check with him

More irrigation, now on the second pass of the first 60 acres of spuds that we planted, followed by changing more fuel hoses on our tractors, this time it was the 6810 and 6420s, last week it was my 6920s that had every single rubber hose changed. My guess ,which is now also supported by our dealers service manager as they too are seeing more hose problems than usual, is that the additives in the higher quality diesel introduced this year are eating away at he hoses on tractors and in the case of the 6920s the filter seals as well ::)

Dung cart today from the sheds. I've got an MF6170 with a 10t AS Trailer which we picked up yesterday. Another bloke has the tidy 7840 which I picked up a few months back with a Teagle Titan 7 silage trailer. Loading with the 531-70.

1st use of my new trailer, collecting 5 gates from the barn in order to section off a small herd of the neighbouring farmer's bullocks who harboured my mate's cow among them. She's been on heat for 3 days or more and was determined to stay with them hell or high weather. 

About a dozen of us herded them into a small coral but eventually they broke out into a machinery storage area. I cut the rest of the wire where they went so we could get them back into the coral, but of course they didn't return that way ::)  Eventually we had to move the whole lot along the road to the owner's farm, with help from the farmer in his L200 who skillfully drove our cow there himself swerving left and right and honking is horn!

We discussed better stock-proof fencing, and fortunately the neighbour saw it in a good light!

oh thats just great dump your old furniture on us and leg it eh  ::) ::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D I asked the bloke if he wanted any of them,  but they were lacking fire safety labels ::)

AutoPower  :)

Only drove for an hour as I had to go then  :'(

Ahh yeah same as what my mate had on demo, i remember he let me have a go and he asked me "how fast does it go then?" so i cranked up the thumb wheel and hit 18km/h with a 4 metre set of discs on the back!