What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Today I had a job interview with a large farm near Cirencester. I drove one of their Masseys, a 6480, pulling a 12T Cherry(sp?) trailer. There were numerous other Masseys including a 7495 and a 8690 with a huge Fendt front weight block. In a shed a Bateman sprayer being prepped, plus several JCB telehandlers. The equestrian people alone have access to three large New Hollands, and the farm also uses a number of contractors. One such team I saw with two huge John Deeres and Bunning spreaders emptying human waste over harvested fields.

It's only temporary work and I would be a back up driver. I should know in a few days.

Back home, the builder wanted me to tow his son-in-law's van to the garage which had a suspected damaged fuel filter. My 2-tonne rope snapped in mid-pull  :of so I had to drive to Halfords to get a 3.5 tonne one, which fortunately did the trick. £5 covered the fuel cost but what about my poor clutch? >:(::);)

Today I had a job interview with a large farm near Cirencester. I drove one of their Masseys, a 6480, pulling a 12T Cherry(sp?) trailer. There were numerous other Masseys including a 7495 and a 8690 with a huge Fendt front weight block. In a shed a Bateman sprayer being prepped, plus several JCB telehandlers. The equestrian people alone have access to three large New Hollands, and the farm also uses a number of contractors. One such team I saw with two huge John Deeres and Bunning spreaders emptying human waste over harvested fields.

It's only temporary work and I would be a back up driver. I should know in a few days.

Back home, the builder wanted me to tow his son-in-law's van to the garage which had a suspected damaged fuel filter. My 2-tonne rope snapped in mid-pull  :of so I had to drive to Halfords to get a 3.5 tonne one, which fortunately did the trick. £5 covered the fuel cost but what about my poor clutch? >:(::);)

That'll be my old gang, Chris. 08 plate 7530's? Wessex Water put the job back out to tender and Dampney (Dorset firm who already had southern contract area) took the contract and on and all the kit too. I think I know the estate but the name isn't quite on the tip of my tongue. . .. this may be them in 2008 working down sludge cake I'd just spread....

When will you hear back from the estate?

post-227-132639902886_thumb.jpg

That'll be my old gang, Chris. 08 plate 7530's? Wessex Water put the job back out to tender and Dampney (Dorset firm who already had southern contract area) took the contract and on and all the kit too. I think I know the estate but the name isn't quite on the tip of my tongue. . .. this may be them in 2008 working down sludge cake I'd just spread....

When will you hear back from the estate?

Sorry I wasn't paying close enough attention Tris, does this look familiar?: http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,33708.msg714633.html#msg714633

I'll be told in a few days.

Yeah that's where I was based, Chris. Avonmouth has it's cake spread along the M4 and M5 corridors with smaller sewage treatment works filling in the land between. We used to tip and later spread up as far as Salperton Estate in the north, Shrivenham in the east, Warminster in the south and Weston Super Mare in the west. Very busy time I had there and with Agrivert before hand in 2002/3.

Been hauling grain till half 1 this morning, had the JD 6820 and New Holland T7050 auto command carting from a New Holland TX66 20' cut, loved every moment!

Had any rain over there today

Been on and off all day here  Hampering the harvest :(

Seconded Chris... well done from me too mate  ;)  .. camera batteries charged I hope  ;):of:P

I'll bring the camera, but I'll be spending more time concentrating on trying to do a good job!

nice one chris, looking forward to the pics

for me a nothing day , built enough hours up over the week, and with some clever booking i got a day to tidy my van out, restock the kit ect, and still managed to hit 100% on my job for the day,  so looked good for the boss, amazing what a bit of creative job managment and a little hard wrk for 2 days earlier can acheive

Snow? Ol have you got snow and you're not taking pics for us?!!

I got up at 12.30 after getting into bed at 04.30 this morning. Laid the 15 450x450mm slabs for the wheelie bins and log store to stand on, jumped on here for a little while and now Traci has some home made burgers under the grill. Good girl!  :P:)

Snow? Ol have you got snow and you're not taking pictures for us?!!

I got up at 12.30 after getting into bed at 04.30 this morning. Laid the 15 450x450mm slabs for the wheelie bins and log store to stand on, jumped on here for a little while and now Traci has some home made burgers under the grill. Good girl!  :P:)

Yer 1 ft of snow here Tris,milking was a sod.