What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Well my daughters always say that Christmas hasn't started until they see the Coca Cola Christmas lorry advert on the tele. So they were besides themselves when they heard it was doing a tour, today it was a Tesco's in Warrington so I had to take them for a peek.

I heard that Howardandsons where getting that R series for Tris because they have a nice red lowloader to match it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ha! Merry Christmas, me! I can only wish..... Or write to the universe which seems to be the latest fad ::)

trying to find gifts for people who give no indication of what they want, whilst trying my hardest to avoid town...... Models can only cover certain people... ::) might have to go down route of gift cards and that way its nae my fault it doesn't fit :laugh:

as for the other person, what the hell are you supposed to give someone who has all the tools in the world?????

BAH HUMBUG!!

Don't get what they want, get what you think they would like. If you don't know what they like, you don't know them well enough to buy them a present  :D  ;)

Popped down the M3 to Surry today and collect a Massey 188 with a loader and a Votex 9ft topper from a commercial dealer. Once I got myself unloaded back at the yard I helped the guys in the workshop removing wheels and cabs from three Ford 5000's.

And this evening we have been mainly popping over to the German Shepherd breeders' place again....... :)

pulled out a total of 1800 m of old lead cable at work today ,3 x from a 600 m section, all chopped into 10 m sections with the hydralic cutter, hand loaded loaded onto the rodder (the stores flatbed wagon with hiab and cages  wasnt avaiable as planned :( :( :( :( ) so 2 trips back to the yard, and weighed in 8 tons of it in total, then back to the site after  the second load with a trailer and 1000m of cable, with a second drum shoehorned into the back with another 1000m of cable on it,  so a toal of 2000m pulled in after, all the recovery was done in a old farm track that resembled the ww1 battle filed pics you see, so extremely dirty after, had to jetwash the water proofs down this evening, and the back of my van and mates lorry, thick with mud

pulled out a total of 1800 m of old lead cable at work today ,3 x from a 600 m section, all chopped into 10 m sections with the hydralic cutter, hand loaded loaded onto the rodder (the stores flatbed wagon with hiab and cages  wasnt avaiable as planned :( :( :( :( ) so 2 trips back to the yard, and weighed in 8 tons of it in total, then back to the site after  the second load with a trailer and 1000m of cable, with a second drum shoehorned into the back with another 1000m of cable on it,  so a toal of 2000m pulled in after, all the recovery was done in a old farm track that resembled the ww1 battle filed pictures you see, so extremely dirty after, had to jetwash the water proofs down this evening, and the back of my van and mates lorry, thick with mud

Home by 2pm then Sean  :D:P

no mate, just infact, bloody good days work really, the other gangs refused to do the recovery, which would have ment a detour of some 2000m alone  via another route, managed to get the lorry within 100m of the section on the track, so just whinched each cable over that, cut it, and drag the rope and stocking back down and reattach, thats easy, its the cutting then loading that was back breaking

Hey you're a Cat man, you should know that! ;)

Spot on,I am the Cat man,that's why I asked,there's no such thing as a D12,never has been never will be,the biggest "Cat" is a D11,which is only an upgraded D10,somewhere around 115 ton,

d11r_20.jpg

now if you want a BIG dozer,you'll need to go to Komatsu,who make the biggest " production "dozer,the D575A3SD,that tip's the scales at 152 ton's,almost 50% bigger,

d575_11.jpg

But,if you want the biggest dozer EVER built,you need to go to Italy for the ACCO dozer,purpose built for a contract in Libya,just before thing's went A over T,the thing was built,but never used,this one is 187 ton's

Acco_Dozer.jpg

Two 650 hp Cat engines in it,for 1300 hp,

Regards

Joe.