What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Scott, that really is great news buddy. A good man always finds work swiftly. Sounds like a pretty interesting set up plenty to be doing no doubt. Still in the same area of Warwickshire?

12 miles away still in Warks but have travelled into Oxfordshire Edited by SMurF

Took the artic down to Glasgow today, had a jcb 531-70, jcb 8055, jcb 8018 and a thwaites 1 tonne hi tip dumper, then home, to give the 4cx a wash, and waited for the power washer man to come and have a look at mine as its stopped working,

Work from 4.45am till 9.15am....them arranging funeral directors for an uncle's funeral who died today...followed by an aunties funeral and burial and afternoon tea which was spoilt by a police phone call from a rather insensitive officer who said since my 87 year old uncle had no illnesses e.g. heart conditions and the doctor would not sign the death certificate and would be referred to the PF on Monday. Lets say what he later told me did not agree to the record of events that had happened to my uncle less that two weeks ago when he was found 2 and 1/2 miles from his home when he said.he was found lying in the street outside his home. I felt like using the word "********" since I was so annoyed at the crap he was talking.Anyway I got a call from a better and rather more sympathetic lady officer who was willing to listen to what I said and not to listen to what the other one wanted to tell me what I could and could not do i.e like trying to arrange funeral arrangements.Anyway yet another member of the Inverurie boys or gals from the Old Bill will be visiting tomorrow for an interview and then we may need to visit the police morgue in Aberdeen to identify the body.

Mostly yellow, the odd manitou and caterpillar lurking about, she came new in August 2008 when the old man owned the company, first machine that was mine, never been hired out, only operated by me

She looks like a very tidy machine, Harry. Is four years the norm for replacements or are machines evaluated on their own merit and changed when hours/age/incoming work dictates?

Logs this morning for me, may have a quick duck into the Gauge O show in town on my way home to pick up any scenic tips. Ought to do a bit of Christmas shopping too really. Then, if my van is still blocked in, I might have to go over the road and smack the p***!

She looks like a very tidy machine, Harry. Is four years the norm for replacements or are machines evaluated on their own merit and changed when hours/age/incoming work dictates?

Logs this morning for me, may have a quick duck into the Gauge O show in town on my way home to pick up any scenic tips. Ought to do a bit of Christmas shopping too really. Then, if my van is still blocked in, I might have to go over the road and smack the p***!

6000 ish hours or 3 years is the norm, decided to keep her on 4 years as it only had 2500 hours this time last year, left us with 3004 hours on the clock

Well, I went to the toy fair at the Matford Centre in Exeter just to see what was there. Mostly train related but some other stuff as well, around 50 stalls which were on the whole asing reasonable prices. The only things that I came away with was, Britains Iveco 'Karoli' tipper lorry with tipping cab, excellent condition but someone has at some time painted the wheels outside silver and given the outside of the body a thin coat of red paint but the cab and everything else is original. The next was 14 sections of Britains walling and a good Ford cab. The last thing was the Corgi 'Samual Film Service Limited' Commer 2500 series bus, been looking for one in perfect condition for years but they've always been too expensive. A good little fair, saw everything in less than an hour and home in time for breakfast.

Britains tipper, £12.

Wall sections and cab, £2.

Corgi camera bus, £25.

post-806-0-28172700-1352556431_thumb.jpg

Collected the hitachi dumper from a job at the back off Dundee and stuck the skip on it

3b71e0a4e3cc147a18d0b9b744a00140.jpg

Away to clear some ground up at the old mans farm, so taking it and a 16 ton jcb up this afternoon, hopefully starting tomorrow, step mum better get the bacon on for the morn

Smack the... pony?

• Like 1

Wehaaay! He's on a promise! :P :ha ha!:

I'm up and wide eyed, Traci is still in the land of nod. Woodburner going, scrambled eggs are on. Hope to get the front room painted with final coat of paint once we have mixed it up. Then shopping no doubt, go and see Marcus for a catch up and a shandy and maybe get home to paint skirting once more a caulk top of it. Then all that is left decorating wise is to stain floor, laquer floor and caulk bottom of skirting. Furniture is due to be delivered Dec 25th...... Automated emails are just great!