What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

16 hours ago, smithy said:

That's the one thanks for that ,I had seen it but not clever enough to get the direct link ,there is two clips of it working on there .

Thank you smithy  

You don't need to be clever smithy,it's the simplest thing in the World,watch this,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXRT2YH8EDM

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Well was off looking at some vintage tractor today nutfield david browns . 

20151229_114457.jpg

20151229_112843.jpg

A tidy line of leylands there, we have had several on the farm and still have a 272 synchro. Is that a 285 at the far end? Had one of those too, although that one could be a 2100.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

A tidy line of leylands there, we have had several on the farm and still have a 272 synchro. Is that a 285 at the far end? Had one of those too, although that one could be a 2100.

Yes lovely few he has think that is a 285 have to look at photos . He has 1 that is 120 bhp

• Like 1

It does look a bit brutal but what is left will regrow and then can be trimmed back with a normal trimmer to do this by hand would take several men (or women) a few weeks the driver is also putting most of the big bits in heaps that can be picked up for firewood at a later date in the year when the ground is drier     

20151230_110545.jpg

20151230_110555.jpg

20151230_111016.jpg

20151230_111038.jpg

20151230_111109.jpg

• Like 3

Fairly harsh trimming there Smithy, them shears are savage things but save a lot of time and labour.....my uncle hired one on a 13 tonner on a thinnings contract job about 7 or 8 years ago on a local estate, and my mum was carting away on a valmet 6400 and forwarding trailer at the time, though if you can get a finger in on the firewood contract then you'll have a supply for years ;)

• Like 2

On 30 December 2015 at 0:56 PM, smithy said:

Went and had a look at my neighbour cutting back some overgrown hedges this morning    

20151230_103038.jpg

20151230_103045.jpg

20151230_103320.jpg

20151230_103329.jpg

20151230_103443.jpg

That is some machine smithy, I could do with that for a couple of days to chop off some overhanging branches along the side of a wood. Is your neighbour filling in the gaps?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mb86 said:

That is some machine smithy, I could do with that for a couple of days to chop off some overhanging branches along the side of a wood. Is your neighbour filling in the gaps?

I don't now about filling in the gaps on this piece as he is still busy lifting beet at the moment so not spoken to him,but he has planted a lot of new hedge around other fields so maybe next year .also there is a shoot use this land and they like a hedge for the birds to fly over so the answer could be yes as for the machine they are planning on buying one so I said to the person operating it that I had some they could come and do  

1 hour ago, smithy said:

I don't now about filling in the gaps on this piece as he is still busy lifting beet at the moment so not spoken to him,but he has planted a lot of new hedge around other fields so maybe next year .also there is a shoot use this land and they like a hedge for the birds to fly over so the answer could be yes as for the machine they are planning on buying one so I said to the person operating it that I had some they could come and do  

It should grow back nice and thick now, it will look well in a few years time. 

• Like 1