What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Not alot me and dad have got house to ourselves till tomo night as mum and sis are at badminton well have been since thurs :D :D just come out from meal out so all good ;D ;D

Did a few random jobs at work today...moved some hanging baskets from one greenhouse to another, got a load of peat pocks with the gator (+ tested how fast it could go  ;D), moved some goldfish from a greenhouse to another tank, and stocked up some of the aquatic  plants in the pool in one of the greenhouses. Overall another good day.  :)

Listened to assnal Vs Chelsea, finished 1-1

Man Utd are Champions

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dancing around the room kissing all the family and laughing at Jose Mourinho's interview ...

Were Man U the better team this season? That doesn't matter

I hate him so much  :):D

Went to a boot sale, froze me clangers off, found a Britains Cattle truck with the steering lever and tailgate missing. Had the side gates on it though so I asked him how much. He looked at me apologetically like I would probably tell him to poke it and said, "A quid". I didn't have the heart to haggle with him so I did my best to make it look as though I might be paying a bit over the top and skipped off happy as a lamb. ;);D:D

Got up and got straight on the Maxxum and covered 45 acres with the chain harrows, very slowly I must add, as we desperatly need to stimulate some growth for silage a s the Nitrogen hasn't kicked in yet and won't until we have some rain. >:( More depressingly I saw some being chopped yesterday just to make us feel further behind! >:( :'( :'( Back on topic....then took the gf out for a very late lunch, now just got back from a yf comitee meeting and looking foward to a good curry. :-*

Got up and got straight on the Maxxum and covered 45 acres with the chain harrows, very slowly I must add, as we desperatly need to stimulate some growth for silage a s the Nitrogen hasn't kicked in yet and won't until we have some rain. >:( More depressingly I saw some being chopped yesterday just to make us feel further behind! >:( :'( :'( Back on topic....then took the gf out for a very late lunch, now just got back from a yf comitee meeting and looking foward to a good curry. :-*

Make sure you have sufficient levels of toilet roll whenever having a curry mate Always  :D :D

What the hell is that thing  :o - More info please Mr Wimbledon Common...  ;D;)

Well . Mr. Ferguson, its a flail mower collector designed for cutting most types of grass. Apparently it will give a lawn type finish and has attachments to raise the cutting height to cut longer grass. It has a 20" cut and is 29" wide so it will go through gateways. Extra bags were available so you could deposit them full and put another on immediately. Electric start was available on the 7HP engine and it had a drive for a Tarpen hedge cutter. A trailer was also available to tow behind it if you wanted to blow the grass straight into it. It has a flail drum with blades that can be changed by unskilled labour and a four speed Albion gearbox with reverse and was driven along by a rear roller. Neat eh!

The leaflet is about five pages so if I have time I will post it in the farm literature section ;)

Well . Mr. Ferguson, its a flail mower collector designed for cutting most types of grass. Apparently it will give a lawn type finish and has attachments to raise the cutting height to cut longer grass. It has a 20" cut and is 29" wide so it will go through gateways. Extra bags were available so you could deposit them full and put another on immediately. Electric start was available on the 7HP engine and it had a drive for a Tarpen hedge cutter. A trailer was also available to tow behind it if you wanted to blow the grass straight into it. It has a flail drum with blades that can be changed by unskilled labour and a four speed Albion gearbox with reverse and was driven along by a rear roller. Neat eh!

The leaflet is about five pages so if I have time I will post it in the farm literature section ;)

Thanks for that... I would liove to see the rest of the leaflet please  ;D

Sounds like a really useful machine... I like the interchangable bag idea  ;) - I wonder what it's downfall was then  ???