What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I have been getting the last few hedges cut ,this one not been cut for 5 years ,it looked a mess before i started and it defiantly looked a mess when i finished ,it really needs a tree-shear on a 360 to nip it all of at the bottom and then let it regrow ,its not really my hedge it is around a sewage works that serves the local army camp and it belongs to them ,the Air Force was here years ago and they used to keep it tidy ,i suppose with all the cut backs the armed forces don't have the money these days  

20220210_163942.jpg

20220210_163956.jpg

20220210_164024.jpg

20220210_164752.jpg

• Like 8

I got asked today if i could help some tree surgeons drop some trees and lift out of the ditch some big/old willow stumps, also used my JCB as a anchor with a rope which was threaded though the top of the front carriage and back to there truck as it had a winch built in the front , we was working on one of my grass strips around edge of the water course  

20220214_092500.jpg

20220214_093650.jpg

20220214_094725.jpg

20220214_105007.jpg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, smithy said:

I got asked today if i could help some tree surgeons drop some trees and lift out of the ditch some big/old willow stumps, also used my JCB as a anchor with a rope which was threaded though the top of the front carriage and back to there truck as it had a winch built in the front , we was working on one of my grass strips around edge of the water course  

20220214_092500.jpg

20220214_093650.jpg

20220214_094725.jpg

20220214_105007.jpg

Looks like you been busy of late again Smithy.. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smithy said:

That 5000 is a unusual one Paul like you say it must be strange sitting up above the dashboard  

Certainly a bit different... Can't say as I'd be fond of doing a shift on it... Apparently there was a similar machine in a coal yard at Dumfries, I'm wondering if they were of Irish design and build as both would have had an easy journey over the water from there into Holyhead and Stranraer 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Another wander about Anglesey with Gemma, called at Red Wharf Bay, where Maurice Wilks drew the line up of the first Landrover out on the sand whilst discuss with his brother... Seemed fitting being at the spiritual birthplace of the Landrover with my Defender 

received_245460827774188.jpeg

received_1032418704025272.jpeg

Tut Tut ,parked on double yellow lines there 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looks like you been busy of late again Smithy.. 

Yes always something to do , had not planned this one but got asked at last minute if i could take JCB down to lift wood out of the ditch , they chipped all the small stuff but they have left me all the good firewood in one heap on my grass margin and all the willow stumps are in another heap which i will put on my bonfire at a later date ,allow we was working in that area of the grass strip i did not wont to make deep ruts running along the rest of the grass ,we had had about 15mm rain that night and ground was sticky  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jmd said:

looks some nice stuff in the museum Paul

Cheers Aye it's not a bad little spot John, not much in the way of blue apart from that cob looking 5000 and a dexta but some tidy exhibits around the cars and bit of military stuff, handful of motorbikes too. Worth a look if you were down this way, there's more interesting Ag stuff here than the farming museum at York....

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1