What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

We could have finished harvest in july but last bit of wheat that went in late was at 18% so i left it till 3rd August and it was 14.4% so we cut it and wrapped harvest up ,we dont normally start till the 28th July ,wonder if we will see another harvest this early in the coming years  

• Like 2

Got up early one morning and got this small section done on my own before it got to hot ,its in the shade till about 11,30am i was finished by then but every hr i was soaking it with a sprinkler on a watering can so it did not dry out to quick. Got a mate coming this Wednesday to help on next 2 sections    

20220802_094913.jpg

20220802_133343.jpg

• Like 4

Good day out up the west Cumbrian coast yesterday with Gemma, called in at Orton Scar Cafe for a breakfast on route, to go and see a good man about a bit of "gold" then luckily got chance of a quick 3 mile run up to the village and back in his rare pride and joy, came home via St Bees, found a crab whilst wandering on the beach and then had a coffee whilst watching the lifeboat men return from what sounded like a training exercise. Once of a day that life boat tractor could have been a County..... 

FB_IMG_1659943446629.jpg

FB_IMG_1659943588164.jpg

FB_IMG_1659943580796.jpg

FB_IMG_1659943557630.jpg

FB_IMG_1659943553642.jpg

FB_IMG_1659943548555.jpg

FB_IMG_1659943541893.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jmd said:

that looks a good breakfast fair plate full. Hope you let Gemma have a drive too and yes your probably right once of a day it would have been a county

Cheers John, aye it were a grand do, just come off M6 at Tebay  at J38 and follow signs for Orton go through village on Appleby road and cafe is on right hand side just after the village hall 👌 Aye Gemma got a run in the 100, somehow think she liked it once she got hang of the twisting gear change, it were a hell of a nice tractor to drive. Caught Gemma landing back in the 100 

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers John, aye it were a grand do, just come off M6 at Tebay  at J38 and follow signs for Orton go through village on Appleby road and cafe is on right hand side just after the village hall 👌 Aye Gemma got a run in the 100, somehow think she liked it once she got hang of the twisting gear change, it were a hell of a nice tractor to drive. Caught Gemma landing back in the 100 

Gemma will be wanting an upgrade from the 804 ha ha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

How did the new toy go overall then smithy ? 

Brilliant Sean ,cab is very good place to be everything at your finger tips , just set things as the book said and just tweak things as your going produced a clean sample from the start , harvest has been done early this year because of the dry weather but this TX63 gets over the acres . I did like the TX34 and wont run it down i did not plan on selling it but i am really pleased i invested a lot more ££££ into this TX63 and in a wet year it should be able to ****** the acres up on the dry days . The 34 had a few crease nipples that was awkward to get to but on the 63 they are all within easy reach so greasing up in mornings was more pleasant      

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jmd said:

Gemma will be wanting an upgrade from the 804 ha ha!

Hahaha err no as much as she said she liked the 100, she said she would keep the 804, I can see her point, be a lot of money tied up in having a 100 in the shed.... especially one of the low numbers of a 2wd or 125.. let alone the ultra rare 115, saying that when we were talking with Andrew on Sunday, that rumours were floating about that the bloke that has Tom Woodhouse ex 125 was asking about 80k for it.... But saying that bloke that did that 804 up that brought it to Chipping, that Stephen Nolan reckoned that 804 was 40k when he sold it. ..

• Like 2