Our new drill

Gav836

One of our contract farms has bought us some kit to use this year, one of them being this 4m Vaderstad system disc drill which was delivered yesterday. My collegues are giving it weary glances and have nick named it the Very-stuck due to the wet nature of the farm :D :D ;)

post-334-132638536658_thumb.jpg

:o......Will you be getting to have a drive of that one then Gav?  ;)

Look forward to the pics of that...... ;)

Don't think i will as its a one man one tractor farm there, might do though u never know ;)

What model number is it Gav?  ???:);)

Not paid much attention to it yet Martin, will have a look tomorrow though. I know my colleague has only had a 5 minute look at it as well, but counted 140 grease nipples in that time :o :o :o

That looks a mean beast Gav.....FP can you whip one of these up please  :)

Watch this space, been playing around with a few ideas for this for a while now but don't have access to one near me and the workings (how it raises and lowers etc) of it take some working out from photos, already got 5 models dismantled for the donor parts!

Watch this space, been playing around with a few ideas for this for a while now but don't have access to one near me and the workings (how it raises and lowers etc) of it take some working out from photos, already got 5 models dismantled for the donor parts!

If you would like any more pictures of certain areas of the drill i can get them tomorrow as i'm on that farm again, just let me know  :);)

you need a trip to sunny Norfolk!  ;) ;)

Not paid much attention to it yet Martin, will have a look tomorrow though. I know my colleague has only had a 5 minute look at it as well, but counted 140 grease nipples in that time :o :o :o

You would expect it to be piped up on a manifold really wouldn't you??

What does one of these cost??

You would expect it to be piped up on a manifold really wouldn't you??

What does one of these cost??

I've not looked too hard but apparently every disc has one on it just for starters, we were actually discussing this morning the possibilities of fitting an auto lube system to it.

Will have to do a bit of subtle digging about the cost but needless to say it would be around the ?25-30000 mark i think going by what our KRM mounted drill cost us 5 years ago

Smart drill gav,i'd be keen to know what the wheel slip is like in the dew. :) :)

Did you guys look at a kuhn fastliner as well?

The drill will be going on ploughed work only but will try to find out though. The Vaderstad was all that this chap wanted and whatever he wants he buys regardless of cost