Which small combine would you buy??

nashmach

Which small combine would you buy??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which small combine would you buy??

• Forschitt
    • Laverda 112/ 122/ 132
    • MF 520 / 525
    • Class Senator 60/70, Dominator 80/85
    • Deutz Fahr / Fahr
    • John Deere
    • New Holland 1530

Well which of the above would you buy taking into consideration price reliability and spare parts availability??

For me when you weigh up all of these options it would have to be a Senator 70 for cheapness and availabilty even though a NH would be better but are too dear  :(

Wouldn't say no to a Laverda but hard to get and the MF what a combine to thresh and the roar of that engine  ;)

Please post why you chose a certain option as well!!  ;)

went for the claas  as they are damn good combines , very efficient, gives a good sample & pretty reliable from my somewhat limited experience  one with a cab would also be an option

the 525 would have been another choice as it was one of the first combines i drove , along with the MF 410 really good weight distribution for hills , as the front mounted engine gave it a bit more traction , but not a great sample , & much of it went out over the back as well.

the joke used to be 'if you want a complete one pass operation , get an MF 520 / 525' it saves buying a plough & a drill  :D :D

don't know anything about leverada & my knoledge on NH is negligable so i really can't comment

Well no shockers here then lads...

525 for me EVERY time I am afraid... driven loads of them in my time and spent many hours working on them (servicing mostly thank you Barry  >:()

Wonderful machines and a huge improvment over the 410/5's and 510/5's don't you think Marcus  ??? - Not the easiest combine to work on but oh what a joy to drive  ;D

Being honest I have no other knowledge of the other makes... except Claas... and I never rated them as an alternative to a red one at that time... neither did most of the farmers in my area during the early to mid 80's  ;D

laveda ........just for nostalgec reasons realy as it was the first combine i ever drove and very easy to get the hang of just a shame our never had a cab

i dont know any that did  :-[???

The fella that used to cut for us had a cab on his - similar to the one on the NH 1530 - his was a Laverda M 112  ;)

Well no shockers here then lads...

525 for me EVERY time I am afraid... driven loads of them in my time and spent many hours working on them (servicing mostly thank you Barry  >:()

Wonderful machines and a huge improvment over the 410/5's and 510/5's don't you think Marcus  ??? - Not the easiest combine to work on but oh what a joy to drive  ;D

Being honest I have no other knowledge of the other makes... except Claas... and I never rated them as an alternative to a red one at that time... neither did most of the farmers in my area during the early to mid 80's  ;D

well i have to agree the 525 was at a distinct advantage over the 410 in the end as the 410 cought fire  :D :D

got a pic of it somewhere  ???

Now just stop it with this nostalgia bumcum    I still drive the bl@@dy things

nostalgic it aint :D;D:D

But i still like the laverda 132 we've got     (when it works) :D;D:D;D

Not meant to be nostalgic mate - came close to going about buying one last weekend as our contractor never told Dad that he had sold the combine  >:( it was a heap of scrap of a JD 1075 anyway  ;)

• 9 months later...

In the absence of a NH, would have to be a Claas, but I think the Deutz Fahr is an underrated machine - good capacity, good sample, fewer moving parts.

Oops sorry about that John -corrected now - couldn't agree more with you about the Deutz's lovely machine to drive as well  :)

• 1 month later...