Frustrating Combine Hunting!

CX820Joe

Hi All,

Thought I would go out to some of the villages I used to lurk around looking for combines and see whats changed; I have to say there wasn't much out, and what I did see was never anywhere near the road!  So I didn't get many photos sadly, but still I thought I would share a couple that might be of interest.  The first was a surprise, what I believe is an International 431; you might recall a photo of mine in a previous posting of a 431 in a barn with a Laverda - well this was on the same farm (14 years later!) but it isn't the same one - its got a different cab.  However on the way back, I could see it emptying out, and with some additional squinting I could see there were two Internationals parked behind the hedge.  It was some way away so I'm afraid the picture is crap - they had finished the field they were in when I got back, but it looked as though rain stopped play then - typical.

I didn't get any photos of a Fortschritt E517 and a Volvo S950 in another farm - there were workers about, but nice to see they've still got that Volvo!

The other photo here is of a Laverda M132 parked up in a barn in Bagley, about 5 miles from Ellesmere; this was bought in 1989, as I can remember us being stuck behind it when it was going to the farm!  17 years.....Crikey  :o :o :o

Anyway hope you like them,

Joe

post-566-13263853805_thumb.jpg

post-566-132638538071_thumb.jpg

OOH  ERR MISSUS     theres another one like mine

Looks like its only got a 10 foot header   or maybe 12

Still looks in prety good shape

Looks like a 12' to me Smurf why do you have a 14' on yours??  ???

Get her going again  ???

Think its 10' - they never detached it as far as I can remember.  Its been well kept, and I don't think it ever covered a huge acreage, don't know how much it does these days.  It replaced 2 Allis Chalmers 5000's - they were certainly very rare, in fact I haven't seen one since!

Joe

Looks like a 12' to me Smurf why do you have a 14' on yours??  ???

Get her going again  ???

She is going again

Only the rain has stopped her at the mo

Did 17acres on friday and 12 on saturday    Going like a train at the mo  touch wood

sign of the times mate, ,good to see a old classic still going strong though, good on ya, can't say i have ever seen one in realllity ,laverda that is,  but you really can't beat the proper classic combines in my eyes, testement to how well they were built and simple to use and maintaIN ,PUERLY ON HOW MANY YOU SEE ROUND STILL

The other photo here is of a Laverda M132 parked up in a barn in Bagley, about 5 miles from Ellesmere; this was bought in 1989, as I can remember us being stuck behind it when it was going to the farm!  17 years.....Crikey  :o :o :o

28 years, and abuse from multiple fires and kids driving it. Beat that.