my jd and flailmower

sparrow legs

Can't figure it out, something looks different...........

Oh I know what it is there seems to be a shortage of soft toys cable tied to that top bar!!

Come on Sparrowlegs post a picture up with them on, on here. Show your true colours!!!

smurf, if it goes well my dad can fit the flail in 10mins onto the axle mountings, im having trouble with the left side one twisting (all the weights on that side) and its well out of aligment, its been welded up as it all cracked a month ago but has started again so its yoked off waiting to be replaced as i do flailmowing all year round (apart from the defra times ya not aloud to cut, march till august 1st. its a good little machine but my work has outgrown it use and its age is starting to show. its on tractor most of harvest then comes off for topworking ready for drilling. then back on for tyding roadsides up for winter. on with looking at buying a k reg 3050 4wd with a 19ft flail arm but it would stay on all the time as its well fastened onto the tractor!

its a 81 X reg, had 4930 hrs on it when i got it in march 03, it now has 6657 ish, aint drove it for a couple of weeks, other drivers on it. had the bonnet resprayed back in jan then my dad helped me paint the rest of it, just a bit of black on the cab to finish and if i keep it the cab will be re clad as the interia had a tough life before i got it for its low hrs, will also fit air conditioning first.

hey sparrow legs that tractor looks tidy we had one the first year i went on the spuds

but i cant remember for the life of me if it was 40 k or not

also i remember the day shift driver always had trouble with that circut board that

pulls out by the horn if i remember rightly the board  had the fuses on it

its been a long time and a blast from the past seeing that one ,shes in good condition

how much are they to buy nowa-days  :'(

ive had trouble with the electrics in the dash, had to have it all re wired and a new board, cost ?600 last owner used silver foil as a fuse and melted the circuits >:(

i paid ?3500 + vat but had ?1000 spent on top putting it right, clutch etc and has just been valued at ?7000 to the right buyer as its mint and sort after (except cab linning, ?500 make it as new)  shes on the market if anyone wants to buy her!