Tractors and hitches part 2 "New Today"

Rick

What a brute Pops... Nice pics...

Look at the strength of that JQ linkage as well...

Intersting to see the "extended" lights over the dual wheels as well

Nice pics Pops...

HOWEVER...

Can you just pop back and take some pics of the 200 series and 2000 series Masseys in the rear of the pic with the roller on it  ;)

and what looks like a 3000 series to if you can

his eyes aint that good marcus

Well Olli I can't speak for the midwest but out west I would say many farmers run on single tires......row - crop.......etc....here right now we are into some heavy lifting spuds and sugarbeets....and it's starting to rain so duals are needed....

some loose pics I have....

000_0766.jpg

000_0769.jpg

000_0771.jpg

000_0773.jpg

Lovely 7485, note the dyna step transmission, apparently MF programme the dyna vt transmission to mimic a powershift, with positive steps as it changes up , for the US market. American farmers seem to prefer it to continuously variables, or so I've been told.

Lovely 7485, note the dyna step transmission, apparently MF programme the dyna vt transmission to mimic a powershift, with positive steps as it changes up , for the US market. American farmers seem to prefer it to continuously variables, or so I've been told.

Thats why the deere autopower isnt truly a cvt it is actualy a powershift transmission the only true cvt's are fendt and steyrs boxes  ;) ;)

That 8460 has the old ball type lift rams aint seen them on any thing newer then a MF 3065

Do US farmers ever run just one big tyre rick?

The joker I worked for in canada told me that the US tyre set up gets more power to the ground.  :-\

my mate worked in U.S he reckons duals/triples are fitted for traction not to reduce compaction and theyre even filled with ballast