Masseys etc at Sale

jdc

She do look a minter don't she just? I'm not sure if they are the wrong wheels Marky, unsure myself but some of the ones Howards have in look silly sometimes. . .. Maybe not original spec but something a farmer could choose himself maybe?

She do look a minter don't she just? I'm not sure if they are the wrong wheels Marky, unsure myself but some of the ones Howards have in look silly sometimes. . .. Maybe not original spec but something a farmer could choose himself maybe?

Ummm I am sure you are right Tris... I'll have a look at the brochure in a minute and check the wheel options... I do know that these 2000 series are supposed to be very poor on the road when towing... the drawbar is so long they tend to bounch along the road... I am told the auto hitch is not available any more to convert them either  :-\

Was it a collective sale John or just one farm/estate??

A local farm who was being 'swallowed up' by the bigger lads.  :)

Cor... I would have had that 2640 if it wasn't much more I reckon... Like Sean says.... she looks to be in tip top condition... wrong wheels on the back though (or tyres very worn)  ???

I think the reserve must've been about ?3500.. talking to auctioneer after. It was tidy, clutch was getting low, rears were 16.9 38 iirc.

So why do you lot think the wheels are too small

They sit on 16.9x38 if I remember mine correctly

The 2680's had bigger ones

And they do look a little odd when the wheels don't fit the arches that way

these pics bring back memories, the good old "german bombers" as we called them as they sounded like the greman planes in the war so im told! my dads first ever brand new tractor was a 2640 2wd A114MRH, till then he always had the pass me downs :'( he loved the old girl, never needed a shower after work as the air con squerted water out of the cab lining most days ::)

it was on 16.9r38's because when it was traded for a 3125 they kept the duel rims but fitted 18.4r38 rubbers. I want that 3125 K190OAG, it was exported to france in 1999 :'(

the familly farms tested one out for ploughing and reconed it was goood for the dosh, but fortunatlly went for the mf1250 artic instead,shame as it looooked great out with the 5 furrow on the back of her,still see a couple round this way although neither have small back wheels like that one

the familly farms tested one out for ploughing and reconed it was goood for the dosh, but fortunatlly went for the mf1250 artic instead,shame as it looooked great out with the 5 furrow on the back of her,still see a couple round this way although neither have small back wheels like that one

Look at mine  the gap between wheels and mud guards are the same    Minus a little more tread on the sale one :o