Case 785

NewHolland2

Have had the offer of this tractor for around 4.5-5k......Just wanted a few general pieces of info about it......

What HP is it and what road speed would it likely have?

Comments welcome as always folks......Not sure if I want to go for something as small as this but perhaps it just looks small to me from the pics...... :);) ;)

Cheers

post-32-132638543783_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638543786_thumb.jpg

get it bought thats a proper tractor ;D;)

jst needs some bigger back tires on it ;)

Aye yer right, the backs could do with being a bitty bigger...... :)

what do you want to know??

77.4 hp

33.8 k on standard tyres

That's about the two questions I really wanted mate cheers...... :) :)

She's a little cracker Mart, you'll get more plesure from that than the wee fergie thats for sure..... and she'll go straight to work.  :)

Nice wee yoke ain't she mate...... :)

Not sure though if she's only around 80hp, I could probably do with slightly more...... :-\ ;)

Save all that money for a car Mart, and more important the insurance getting a Saxo VTR for me is costing me the heaven and earth! Might have to result to a robin reliant  :-\

Up to you Mart, your call, If you want a bit more poke try an 885 maybe?

Better with 56 series, 956!

looks smart but word of warning, i bought a 3040 2wd (90hp) and it aint big enough for general hire, it will pull a 4m power harrow or a 10 ton trailer but it aint on top of the job, buy 110hp at least, cost a bit more but will gain more work ;)

im a jd man (green blood) but must admit im looking at a massey (3095 or 3125) for that bit more power and can trade my jd in and get a much newer massey without parting with much money :o

i dont think you could go wrong with her mart, i still see plenty of those working round this way on the moors ect, some farms having owned them from new to, great little work horses ,fair few dealers round still for parts to,easy mechaniclly for ya,with no computers ect, prob a great first contractors tractor overall

nice find mart , but mikes right , if it's contracting your out to do you really need a minimum of 100hp mate the bigger 956 would be the better bet  & that big massey has more grunt for the money

quote from CT on the 844 also applies to the 785 apparently

QUOTE;

all the main components are robust & reliable, but let maintainance slip,or buy one in need of repairs & the costs can escalate alarmingly. It is therefore a case of 'buyer beware'as  we discover what separates a good used example from a potential wallet emptier 

march 2005 issue 47