Maize harvest-Norfolk 06

Gav836

Took some pictures at work of us doing some maize, i'll get some more pictures as time allows but with 3 16 ton trailers and a Jaguar 900 with 6 metre header i don't get a lot of time to do it. First up opening up the field with the 900 towing a trailer, always easier if there is a grass margin so we don't have to do it this way

post-334-132638544103_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638544107_thumb.jpg

Nice pics there Gav...... :)

Maize is a crop we don't have any of around me so I miss out on all of this...... :'(

What sort of speed does the Claas harvest at?  :)

Thanks Martin

It will take it at anything between 5kph in a heavy crop (few and far between this year) and 16kph in a crap short crop like we were in today, most of the time we go between 7 and 10kph

Can be pretty fast at times then eh, total opposite of the pea viners...... ;)

I'll have to try and find a maize field further South in Scotland next year so I can see the machines in action...... :) :)

When the Claas Jag is towing the trailer does the harvested maize manage to fill the trailer up and even itself out by the sheer force of the crop being blown in?

Can be pretty fast at times then eh, total opposite of the pea viners...... ;)

I'll have to try and find a maize field further South in Scotland next year so I can see the machines in action...... :) :)

When the Claas Jag is towing the trailer does the harvested maize manage to fill the trailer up and even itself out by the sheer force of the crop being blown in?

Yes, and you can lft the whole spout up and down and side to side to leve, fill the trailer. The maize leaves the harvester at 150mph so has plenty of force behind it

Greta photo's Gavin mate, much left to do? There is alot standing down here still but it is beginning to look like old phesant cover. One farm has been combing it though then crimping it over the clamp wall and heaping it up with the 414. Hell of a clamp full they have aswell!!! Thats just the grain aswell.

Gav mate, in my opinion that is the mother of all jobs, the maize harvest! Enjoying it? The rigs look nice.

yes i am, don't get time to breath hardly with how quick we're getting a load :)

63 arce  :o the biggests field around us is about 25-30  :o

thats one of the bigger ones we've done, the biggest being 90 acres, most are around 15-30 acres

Greta photo's Gavin mate, much left to do? There is alot standing down here still but it is beginning to look like old phesant cover. One farm has been combing it though then crimping it over the clamp wall and heaping it up with the 414. Hell of a clamp full they have aswell!!! Thats just the grain aswell.

not too much left now Tris, only about 5-6 days work

your head going numb yet gav  ;)

its not had time to yet, it'll be when we stop that i think i'll feel it more

Nice pics gavvers.... 98 hours a week... oh how I dream of going part-time too  :D :D

Now then chap....

How do you know how fast you can push the machine... Is it engine noise... or do you have a "how far you can push it gauge"

Can we have a pic of the cockpit gauges sometime please  ???

Nice pics gavvers.... 98 hours a week... oh how I dream of going part-time too  :D :D

Now then chap....

How do you know how fast you can push the machine... Is it engine noise... or do you have a "how far you can push it gauge"

Can we have a pic of the Willypit gauges sometime please  ???

yes it is engine noise and revs we drive it by, i'll see if i can get you some pictures of the controls but its not so easy as i don't drive it very often

Great pics mate bet you will really feel it when you stop. How many hours you clocked so far on the 836 ???:D :D

Just under 300 hrs opn the 836 since we started doing the maize 5 or 6 weeks ago, can't remember the exact date, hardly known what day it is most of the time :o