new siku rolland spreader

just came across this in a dealers i was going past, had to stop and there she was, 10 quid inc vat which seemed cheap so i bought it

over all nice model, very well built with only mimial plastic parts, rotors and rear door, ,good paint finish very heavy being all meatl in the main part, only 2 let downs, 1 the wheels, look like the cast offs from one of the old case models, and deff dont look right, wrong hub style but correct size nice and chunky but not like the ones i have seen arround, second rear door, basicly loose no rams to it so it just flops arround, deff not goo for carpet farming kiddys will fall oveer at the slightest move forwards, given previuos siku toys they can do small rams (siku plough) so why not on this simple but key feature,

overall 7/10 from me

post-46-13263854438_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638544381_thumb.jpg

I like it!! The detail on the rear end is brilliant. ... UH have a part to play in this .. . Think back to the Bergmaan spreader. .. .. no spreading disc's. . .. . along come UH revoloutionising detail/affordability and here are Siku making up for past balls ups!!!

Looks great and I will be buying one aswell, maybe two if I ever see'em for a tenner. The rear wheels will be hacked off for a new set though!!

I rekon a set of my west dual spreader wheels would look the biz - only trouble the price I pay for them will kill the chances of a convo  >:(

to be honest i recon a disc of plasti card cut to the hub size and a proper axel hub stuck in the middel, then glue that over the current wheel centers and your done, with a bit of silver paint, the wheels are the right size,just the wrong hub design

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is one other impotant detailmissing... The fact that the beaters dont move when its driven >:( Im sure the britiains one does ( could be wrong there) the old siku one does... Would it realy be that hard for siku to make it belt driven or somting like that?

I always remove the drive for the beaters anyway. I think it looks crap and you dont want them turning when your on the 'road'. Never mind atleast this model will be nice with some bigger wheels and also a few additions, pto, pipes, electrics etc.

They should have made the discs and stuff move rather than have the door opening. It isn't often you see them with the door open anyway, only for servicing and getting the youngest on the crew to unblock it for you  ;):D

They should have made the discs and stuff move rather than have the door opening. It isn't often you see them with the door open anyway, only for servicing and getting the youngest on the crew to unblock it for you  ;):D

have only seen the discs used once down this way,usally the door is open when the local contractor uses his down here mate

ye the old "your back is younger than mine" routine  fell for that a few times  ::)

You and me both  :D

Really Sean? I didn't even realise they were supposed to be used with the door open!!!  :-[ D'oh!!!  :D