Kidd Sideflinger

Here it is!!!

Now, the colours are a pretty damn good match I'd say but in my haste to get the pics up the paint is a little soft and I have marked it in one or two places. Now I know I can get the paint on the shelf I will do another one properly in the near future. But for now, here 'tis.. .. . oh, DECALS!!! But then, we all want them at the moment by the looks of it!!

Thanks guys, from the heart of my bottom  :D :D

No, seriously thanks very much for the compliments. It can only spur me on to other things. Need to perfect this one so like I say the next one will be done more thoroughly. I stripped it all down properly and done it all by the book so to speak but as soon as I found that blue paint I just wanted it sprayed, back together and up on here for all to see. Learning all the time, the two little bale trailers were an easy place to start, then this was a litle more complicated in terms of actually stipping it apart and rebuilding it. Hopefully I can try something a little more next. Obviously newbies to the convo world like me are still in awe of you pro's out there but like everyone says, practice makes perfect.  :)

Really Marcus? They never stuck to one shade of blue but I never realised they couldnt make there minds up on that either!! Best I look for a matching yellow aerosol now then!!

Eurodeere, the blue is Tamiya, the yellow is Humbrol. I'll get u the chart numbers later.

Really Marcus? They never stuck to one shade of blue but I never realised they couldnt make there minds up on that either!! Best I look for a matching yellow aerosol now then!!

Eurodeere, the blue is Tamiya, the yellow is Humbrol. I'll get u the chart numbers later.

no kidd used whatever shade of blue was available at the right price at any given time , the same as running gear , farm er down the road has two identicle toppers , but the belts from one don't fit the other , very much depended on what belts were available at the right price , the machines were good tools , but maintainance could be a bit hit & miss :-\

i bought a kidd side slinger from shaftsbury showgroung back in 1988 for ?450 , replaced the wheel bearings & bolted the chains , it was almost the ford tractor blue & had a yellow lid , the blue you have used on your model is from the earlier years , dillington estate used to run 3 rear discahrge 4ton spreaders back in the 70's early 80's & they were the colours you have used , good machines but very prone to rust