At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

martin yer spoilt  ::)

i'd ahve thought you'd have argued to have either the 675 or better still the 698 out there with the haybob stretching their legs & having a good blow through

to be honest mart  i'm a little dissapointed you chose the bigger machines  :'( :'( :'( :'(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard the weather was crap mate hope it gets better so that i can get a bit of carting done

Yeah me too Peter, it's been so erratic lately, one minute it's great the next it's torrential........ :'(

Great landscape and pictures. I think the MF needed all his horse power for the tedder ;D;)

Texas

Cheers Bas....... ;)

martin yer spoilt  ::)

i'd ahve thought you'd have argued to have either the 675 or better still the 698 out there with the haybob stretching their legs & having a good blow through

to be honest mart  i'm a little dissapointed you chose the bigger machines  :'( :'( :'( :'(

With the hill being about 15 miles from the farm we just used them since they've got the 40 and 50K for the road Marcus........I do believe we MAY have the 675 on the topper at some point but couldn't say for sure........ :)

Couple up here put them into haylage rather than hay because of the changable weather. Several bigger farmers locally don't even bother with hay too much hassle just make extra silage and the sheep will be overwintered on grass with neeps and sugarbeet pellets and whole barley ad lib

• 2 weeks later...

been busy then mate any further forward with the harvest

Still got 9 acres of silage lying on the ground Peter, will only go for bedding now........Barley will be the start of September before we start ourselves I reckon but there's a few fields been cut round about. The lad Milne that has the ground opposite us at Pitscandly has been out with his Lexion Terra Trac and knocked down a few fields but nothing major on the go as yet........ :)

• 3 weeks later...

Been fairly quiet of late just getting things ready for the harvest, took the old post knocker back to its owner today with the old girl, 3 hour roud trip  :D,

3095andchapper.jpg

Took delivery of this one this week, will make up part of our hire fleet

Bryce.jpg

My grain trailer in the shed for a repair job on one of the rams before the harvest starts

RedTrailer.jpg

Boss picked up the first of the two new Herron trailers today too, I'm off for the second one tomorrow so will post up pics then  ;)

herron trailers mart?? when did he buy them mate, i take it they are grain trailers, how many tons each? and you really must get that strip of tape of the window mate, it must be fixed in place now eh ;):D :D :D

Bought them about a month ago Sean, a 14 and a 16 tonne grain trailer, both of them are for the new hire idea we're running Sean, both with hydraulic back doors........Yeah keep meaning to do that tape........ :D :D

they look like some nice pieces of kit mate... I bet they will tow a treat as well... 16t is a brute sure enough  :o

Certainly appear well built and substantial Marky, aye the 16t is huuuge........ :o

Won't get much use of them ourselves as we still have the Marshall and my 6 tonner for behind the 3095, these will be on hire most of the time fingers crossed........ :)

very well built trailers by the looks of things why did he go for hydraulic tailboards in stead of automatic release i would have thought being a hire machine he would have gone for simplicity less things to go wrong and what tractoe is that with the duncan cab in the corner behind the post knocker

thought that said 10 trailers at first then mart :D :D :D :D

boss is certainly going for it hire wise, anything else planned for the fleet?? new tractor for you maybe

There's a low loader due for late September sometime as well Sean and then he's thinking about replacing my 6 tonne grain trailer with an 8 tonne new one, my tractor is always on the cards but just never seems to happen........Think he thinks I like it too much........ :D;)

very well built trailers by the looks of things why did he go for hydraulic tailboards in stead of automatic release i would have thought being a hire machine he would have gone for simplicity less things to go wrong and what tractoe is that with the duncan cab in the corner behind the post knocker

Went for the hydraulic doors after close consultation with a few local lads who know the market well  :)

Tractor is a Massey 1080........ :)