At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures you have made. Your favourite picture is a very good picture.

Texas

Cheers Bas  :)

Just took some more pics off the camera........First up rolled some of the grass fields last Wednesday........

Masseyandrollers.jpg

Masseyandrollersrear.jpg

Then on Saturday took the fertiliser to the hill with the 6480 to save the 3095 the haul.......

Masseyandfert.jpg

Masseyandfertside.jpg

No room to leave the trailer in the shed so just covered up the bags of fertiliser........

Masseytrailer.jpg

thats a fine set of rolls anything to speed up a job as boring as rolling doing a 22acre field with the standard roller now thats torture  :laugh:  and are there some sort of extensions on the 3095s rear mudguards

done a 34 acre field last weekend at 6kmh,i know what you mean

Some really nice bits of kit, whats the 6480 like?

6480 is a really good tractor to drive Pat, the 50k road speed helps us when working up the hill which is about 15 miles from our main base. The ride is good with the front suspension. The only complaint I'd have with it is the location of the dipstick to check the backend oil, can be a real nuisance to get into........

thats a fine set of rolls anything to speed up a job as boring as rolling doing a 22acre field with the standard roller now thats torture  [img alt=:laugh:]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/laugh.gif  and are there some sort of extensions on the 3095s rear mudguards 

The 3095 does have extra rubber flaps at the backend of the mudguard Denis, I think they were perhaps optional at the time of manufacture  :-\

Nice photos up in the hills, Mart. Your front weight, does it swing on the linkage or is it fixed? It looks a bit 'free'...  [img alt=:-\]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/undecided.gif

Handy set of rollers you have got there, what width would they be, Mart? 

The front box was originally designed for the Wilson front linkage Tris which had to brackets which held it more in place, when we moved onto the Massey linkage with the 6480 it is now only held in place in the two arms so it does swing a bit. I'm pretty sure the Fleming's are 18ft Tris........

good to see you are getting on with the outside work ,did you clear your roof of the building up mart [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Not got to it yet Graham, still waiting for the insurance to come through, not really had much time to get to it either to be fair. Now fieldwork has calmed down a bit we should get onto it soon enough though  :)

• 4 weeks later...

cracking pictures mart nice to see yards well bedded up ,will you be turning  the cows out soon

Cheers Graham, the cattle which have all calved are all out up the hill now, just had 2 that were still due left inside plus the fattening bulls and last year's heifers inside........Will get some pics from up the hill soon  ;)

Last year's Simmental AA Cross Heifer

Heifer.jpg

Handsome but odd colouration! I thought if you crossed anything with an AA, the offspring would be mostly AA black with characteristics of both parents?

nice to see them from up there ,how long till you start the silage mart

Be about 4-5 weeks I reckon Graham, usually starts around the time of the Highland Show which is 24-27 June  :)

Lovely cattle, Mart. Wish I could get more work with a beef herd, I miss it somewhat to be honest.

It's certainly a great wee change from the tractor driving Tris, nothing like ending the day with a calf being born  :)

Handsome but odd colouration! I thought if you crossed anything with an AA, the offspring would be mostly AA black with characteristics of both parents?

We quite often have brown calves from the Simmental AA cross, although this year's was black with the white stripe down the nose.

Those black beauties are lovely looking beasts Mart.

I see in yesterdays P&J there is an Aberdeen Angus open day at Westside Farm Edaell Brechin on the B966 between Brechin & Edzell by kind permission of Burghill Farms.

It's from 10 am till 4 pm and entry is free.

Eddie Gillanders the secretary of the North East Aberdeen Angus Club lives in the same village as me.

Those black beauties are lovely looking beasts Mart.

I see in yesterdays P&J there is an Aberdeen Angus open day at Westside Farm Edaell Brechin on the B966 between Brechin & Edzell by kind permission of Burghill Farms.

It's from 10 am till 4 pm and entry is free.

Eddie Gillanders the secretary of the North East Aberdeen Angus Club lives in the same village as me.

Ah that sounds interesting Bill, what date is that then? Might get a chance to pop up with the boss if we're not too busy........

I'm fairly sure it must be this coming Saturday Mart.

Yes confirmed in link below ;) ;)

http://www.aberdeen-angus.co.uk/

Well we popped up to this event for a few hours. A good wee show with the farm's Aberdeen Angus stock on show along with silage demos from the local machinery dealers (Netherton - John Deere, Agricar - New Holland, Mearns -Deutz, Alan Mackay - Massey, Sellars - Claas, Ross Agri - Fendt and A.M. Phillip - Case). Also on show were various feed companies inlcuding ECV and Feedmix. All in all a good afternoon. Sadly no pics as was a bit busy blethering  :of