At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pictures of the cattle Mart....howtame is John Bull the stock one on the hill though ??? ???

Cheers Bill, simple answer to that question is not very - he seems to have a nasty streak in him so he should be departing when he comes off the hill in Autumn.

I noticed that Sean no idea where the hell that came from  :of  ;D

You must have known I would be viewing today Martin. Very nice, hope all is well with you.

Thanks Scott, good to hear from you mate, things are all well here thanks just keeping busy although we could do with some better weather - been pretty rotten for the last 2 weeks - not hay making weather certainly  :(

How are things yourself?

Thanks Scott, good to hear from you mate, things are all well here thanks just keeping busy although we could do with some better weather - been pretty rotten for the last 2 weeks - not hay making weather certainly  :(

How are things yourself?

I'll send some of our sunshine over to you, it has been a scorcher this last couple of weeks. Things are good on this side of the pond, not much new with my farm models (still have them all though :D) have kind of shifted over to toy soldiers for the moment.

He looked a quiet lad Mart but they say you can never trust them...I heard so many horror stories about folk getting "gored" by them >:( >:(

a farmer in the lyth valley was almost gored to death by there fresian bull 2 weeks ago.

it decided it didnt want to be in the pen so it just walked through the gate and knocked the guy to the ground started goring at him and as he was shouting help his son was pulling up outside the house when he heard him so he ran round to find a bull loose in the yard the bull was shot down in the yard by a police marksmen :of:-\  the guy that was knocked down by the bll broke 3 ribs and had a shaterd knee :of

• 1 month later...

This topic is in definite need of an update so here goes:

Back at the end of July we got our 10 acres of hay baled and off the field in the shed about half an hour before the heavens opened up so a lucky day for us:

3095 on the Haybob:

Massey3095andViconHaybob27thJuly2010.jpg

6480 carting bales down the hill with the SGM BaleMaster:

Massey6480carryingbalesonSGMBaleMaster31stJuly2010.jpg

At the start of August East Coast Viners came in to harvest the two fields of peas they had rented from us so I had the 3095 out to level off the heaps of pea haulm left by the viners:

Massey3095withDungFork5thAug20107.jpg

One of the Highland Show purchases has arrived too in the form of the Logic Contact 2000 Weed Wiper which has been added to our "Available For Hire" Range:

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

I was also out at the start of August with the topper doing a couple of paddocks for local lads:

Massey6480andTeagleTopper8thAugust20105.jpg

Also finally got around to clearing out on of the old sheds on the farm which houses the two JPM Dumpers perfectly:

DSC00806.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CombineUnloading.jpg

6480 sitting with the Marshall on the end-rig:

6480andMarshall.jpg

Prior to getting the drier going we had local John Deere and Opico dealers Netherton Tractors down to change the bearing at the base of the main auger:

675andNetherton.jpg

Lastly for now we took delivery yesterday of the latest two trailers for the hire fleet: Two Stewart 10 box tattie trailers with air and hydraulic brakes, box pusher and side step:

Stewarts.jpg

Is that a load of Scanstone stuff in the background, Mart? That old 675, I just love seeing her mate as she is so genuine. I'm driving a 698T at the moment on trimming duties at a mates place and is as good nick as your 675. They'd make a handsome pair together.  :)

How did you enjoy the mowing then?  :)

They both were sold anyway Bill we didn't actually see them go so not sure what they made. The 1988 Master Drier we had in only made £200 though but the a wee wooden floored drop-tail trailer we put in made a bit over £100.

Thanks the thing with auctions Mart you never know what things will go to. Sometimes things can make more at the scrapman but a lot of people don't like the idea of scrapping whilst others take the view lets do what is likely to make most money ;)

Is that a load of Scanstone stuff in the background, Mart? That old 675, I just love seeing her mate as she is so genuine. I'm driving a 698T at the moment on trimming duties at a mates place and is as good nick as your 675. They'd make a handsome pair together.  [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

How did you enjoy the mowing then?  [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif 

Well spotted Tris that is indeed a lot of ScanStone kit in the background - we used the loading bay at RGS Forfar (Home of ScanStone) to offload the Stewarts  :)

Sounds like a tidy outfit the 698T Tris what reg is she?

Had a fine time with the mowing - at least I have now had the experience on it now so will be something else I can always do if the boss is away on something else.

Thanks the thing with auctions Mart you never know what things will go to. Sometimes things can make more at the scrapman but a lot of people don't like the idea of scrapping whilst others take the view lets do what is likely to make most money [img alt=;)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif

Very true Bill - personally it's nice to think someone will be able to use the old Fergie implements etc but the old Master drier may well have made more at scrap.  :-\

Great pictures you have made there. Never seen a weed wiper before. How does this work?

Thanks Bas. With the weed wiper you fill up the chemical tank as in a normal sprayer. The small pump is then set to pump the chemical mix onto the brush at a set rate (which can be adjusted depending on weed population in the field)/ The brush height can be altered to brush the chemical onto the offending weeds. We have already used it to kill off docks in one of our grass fields and seems to be more economical than spraying since the chemical is only really targeted at the offending weed as opposed to the whole field.

your boss is buying is some amount of kit those stewart trailers aint cheap either. have you got work for them yet. 

Both Stewarts were delivered straight to the farms that have hired then Peter for 6 or so weeks each I believe. One is at Cononsyth I believe - can't remember the other offhand

Well spotted Tris that is indeed a lot of ScanStone kit in the background - we used the loading bay at RGS Forfar (Home of ScanStone) to offload the Stewarts  :)

Sounds like a tidy outfit the 698T Tris what reg is she?

Had a fine time with the mowing - at least I have now had the experience on it now so will be something else I can always do if the boss is away on something else.

Very true Bill - personally it's nice to think someone will be able to use the old Fergie implements etc but the old Master drier may well have made more at scrap.  :-\

Mart,

No disrespect to you or Ferguson addict's or lover's on here but any sale I go to anything Ferguson goes silly money. I can't work out why since although old Harry designed the first  3point linkage which  was a step for mankind fergies and MF are as plentiful as cat poo or dog turd :-X

Mart,

No disrespect to you or Ferguson addict's or lover's on here but any sale I go to anything Ferguson goes silly money. I can't work out why since although old Harry designed the first  3point linkage which  was a step for mankind fergies and MF are as plentiful as cat poo or dog turd :-X

well there stands the most intelligent post of the evening  ::) what a pillock... no disrespect of course  ;)