At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many acres of barley are in this year Mart? Will it be harvested by the farms old MF combines?

About 40 acres of Spring barley and 15 of Winter Wheat.......Hoping to get the Massey's fired up again this harvest but there's no guarantees, will all depend on the time factor as the old New Holland is much quicker........ :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice little project for you that Mart... she looks to be in fine order as well mate.. would look wonderful if she was tarted up a little hey mate ???

She's needing a fair bit of money spent on her Marky, the rear tinwork is fairly well rusted through and the 4 wheel drive is pretty much knackered....... :-\ :'(

was it just the battery in the end mart?? or something more serious, cant remember you saying to be honest

No she was needing a new starter as well Sean as a new battery made no difference.......Fired up eventually once the new battery and starter were fitted....... :) :)

I have seen a lot worse Mart - at least she is not too rusty - so what is the boss thinking of replacing her with - another 3000 series or 6100 ???

Not too sure Colm.......Probably something of a similar size as we're still keeping the 3095.......I'd guess a 390 or another 3000 series....... :) :)

loads of farmers buy those poles for things like that, we get ride when they are so old or decayed so far, but even then they are good for a long time, as barns ect, i know of one pole still in use down here was put in during 1947, still passes the test every 10 years

Aye it's the 6475 in my avatar and she's going in July to be replaced by the 6480.......

She's only on a 55 plate Marky, but the 6480 has a 50K box which is the real attraction as it'll make hauling the grain and silage etc much quicker plus the extra wee bit of horse power....... :) :)

Aye it's the 6475 in my avatar and she's going in July to be replaced by the 6480.......

She's only on a 55 plate Marky, but the 6480 has a 50K box which is the real attraction as it'll make hauling the grain and silage etc much quicker plus the extra wee bit of horse power....... :) :)

I hope your boss remembers to upgrade his trailer brakes to an air system as well then or he may have a few problems  :D