At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lads...... :)

Nice gear there Mart - you are blessed with the weather ;)

Definitely not today Colm we were carting them in in the pouring rain, the place is gutters everywhere...... :'( :'(

nice pics mart, looks like tyour busy again at last and back with the old girl to ,cant be long till the new 6480 arrives now can it

Early to mid July I think was the re-organised delivery date Sean......Nice to be back to my old girl again  and even better to be taking her on the road...... :);)

Great pics mart but outta curiosity why only the single layer and not 2 or three?

Cheers Phil, we're only hauling it down the road about a mile so we're just putting it on one layer to save bursting them when taking the second row up off the trailer, plus more rows means more ratchets and straps which is more down time putting them on and taking them off...... :D;)

nice pics mate how does the vicon machinery work  ???  ;)

Vicon stuff is nice kit, baler can be a pain for the first bale of every new net as it gets itself sorted out properly with the computer though......

i hope he doesn this year, will be nice to see ics of that working and mart alongside hauling from her

We're not sure what we're doing about the combines this year, might get the two 525's out, would be nice to have a go but we'll just have to see...... :) :)

spot on,what do you think of the vicon baler?

Certainly a good baler mate and can certainly pack a bale blooming tight if you want it that way  :o

Can be a bit of a pain with the first bale of every new net as the computer sets it up right but apart from that don't have any complaints about it......The computer screen that goes with it basically tells you all you need to know, which way to steer so the grass/straw is going into the chamber evenly, when the bale is ready to eject, any problems that the machine has......

Certainly a good baler mate and can certainly pack a bale blooming tight if you want it that way  :o

Can be a bit of a pain with the first bale of every new net as the computer sets it up right but apart from that don't have any complaints about it......The computer screen that goes with it basically tells you all you need to know, which way to steer so the grass/straw is going into the chamber evenly, when the bale is ready to eject, any problems that the machine has......

they are good balers but watch out when the computer box starts playing up, ive had days when it wont put out 2 bales the same size they were all ranging from 3 foot to 5 foot, and the box used to cut out when the net was going on to the bale, first time that happened it nearly put a whole roll of net onto 1 bale :o

nice pics Mart, good to see the topics staying upto date!!!

any news on the carpet farm?

Thanks Ben...... :)

Not had time recently to do much with the carpt farm, will have to update my collection pics as I've acquired a fair few new modelx of late though...... :)

they are good balers but watch out when the computer box starts playing up, ive had days when it wont put out 2 bales the same size they were all ranging from 3 foot to 5 foot, and the box used to cut out when the net was going on to the bale, first time that happened it nearly put a whole roll of net onto 1 bale :o

That sounds like it could have been a pest mate, always the way with computers - great when the work, a pain in the backend when they don't...... ;) ;)

thats a fairish wheel base  from hitch to trailer wheels mart , ever get caught out with it ?

Aye she's a fair length Marcus, but can't say I've been caught out with it yet, I actually prefer reversing these than the 12 tonne Marshall......

Takes a bit to get across lanes on the main road right enough so have to give myself a good gap......Got a 30 mile round trip to make in the next week or so with that set-up to cart the bales home from the hill so that'll be a bigger test...... ;)