At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

Well done SuperMart.... sound great fun mate... I still remember the first time I drove a tractor "on my own without supervision" - Oh what a feeling

He has bestowed some trust in you mate... that's endosrment of the sort of impression you have made on him all right mate - TOP FELLA

Oh and Mart.....

3095.... at night... lit up light a Christmas Tree... P I C T U R E S  P L E A S E  :o

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done SuperMart.... sound great fun mate... I still remember the first time I drove a tractor "on my own without supervision" - Oh what a feeling

He has bestowed some trust in you mate... that's endosrment of the sort of impression you have made on him all right mate - TOP FELLA

Oh and Mart.....

3095.... at night... lit up light a Christmas Tree... P I C T U R E S  P L E A S E  :o

Cheers Marky......Was the first time on this farm that I'd been really left on my own to get on......Was great...... :)

I was going to take some pics but didn't think they'd come out well, might try next time though mate...... :);)

Our new toy was delivered yesterday......The Massey Ferguson 514 Skid Steer will be used for mucking out the smaller cow pens with it's purpose-built dung grab...... :)

I had a quick drive today and am slowly getting the hang of the steering but the boss did most of the work today just to save time as our Merlo is rather unhappy just now...... :'(

Was nice to get back to my wee CAT forklift with a steering wheel...... :D

Will hopefully use it a bit more next Saturday though...... :)

Mucked out a few courts over the weekend so the place is looking better with the big courts to be done during the week I think...... :);)

Will try and get pics next weekend when I'm on my own......Time just seems to go too quick to get any......

Never driven a Skid Steer Mart.... they look like sooooo much fun to drive... another first you've got in before me  :'( :'( :'(

Takes a bit of getting used to having the controls for driving and using the bucket/attachment on the same two joysticks......I'm going to have a wee play about with it next weekend...... ;D:D;)

Seeing as it's FTF and it is the Festive Season I'll be generous and see what I can do as soon as possible mate...... :) :) ;)

Interesting mate, does the skidsteer function like an excavator in terms of using two levers for everything?  :)

Interesting mate, does the skidsteer function like an excavator in terms of using two levers for everything?  :)

never driven a MF skid steer before mart , but the bobcats were steered by the levers & loader was controlled by foot pedals

Never had much experience on a 360 axcavaot apart from a wee shot on a JCB but the Skid Steer has one lever on the right and one on the left and they control the forward/backward moving of the machine and also the turning around of the machine and the lifting/tilting of the attachment...... :) :) ;)

never driven a MF skid steer before mart , but the bobcats were steered by the levers & loader was controlled by foot pedals

Interesting mate......This Massey is purely controlled by the levers...... :) :) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update for you all on the happenings at the end of 2006......

Most of the courts have now been mucked out with the dung piled up in the fields ready for spreading before cultivations start......Just two or three smaller pens to muck out with the Skid Steer loader......

31 Heifers are being collected in the coming weeks and taken away from the farm so that will lessen the workload slightly, but not much as we will spread the remaining herd out between the unoccupied pens......

The Merlo telehandler is still at the menders trying to have its continuous reversing problem fixed......

My jobs over the past few weeks have included the mucking out with the skid steer, bedding the cows with the bedding machine, feeding them, bringing in bedding bales with the 3095 with loader and generally trying to keep the place tidy......

:) :) ;)

Our Bobcat at college is controlled by foot pedals, apart from the fowards and backwards and skidding which is done naturally on the two joysticks.

good fun skid steers = with the arm raise and no bucket  ;D ;D :D :D

Yes, I do have a video of myself doing that, very dangerous I must point out and I don't encourage any one to try it!

What is college doing to me  :-[!!!  :D