At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

Sounds like the jobs a success then!

Any plans for any new machinery in the near future?

Definitely mate...... :)

With the recent additions of the MF Skid Steer and JCB 804 Mini-Excavator the boss is taking a purchasing break just now but he's on the look-out for another MF to replace the 698 that sits at the back of the yard but he's in no rush for it...... :)

Might be a new foklift on the way later in the year too...... ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased for you Mart!

Look foward to all the summer pictures to come!!

Why don't you buy the 698 off him Mart and spend a bit of money doing her up, Reagan could have an older sister then!

The two Massey 525 Super II combines do look good in the field together...... :)

I would buy the 698 but it's a wee bit older than what I'd like and it's not Blue...... :D;)

Maybe sometime in the future as I think we'll be keeping it but just at the back of the shed with the 1080...... :) :) ;)

:D :D I know what you mean, bit of perennial Rye in the sunroof lining!!

Fair enough Mart, still not sourced a tractor for your own use yet then?

Gives it a bit of a fringe...... :D;)

I have decided that while I have this money I'm as well to go for as best a model I can and also one which I have always had a soft spot for so it's a New Holland 8340 or 8360 that's top of the list so a bit more saving to do yet mate......Hence why I'm putting in as many hours as I can at work to get as much dosh as possible......Should be working every night after school next week if I can too...... ;)

Everything sounds good over your way Mart. You sound as keen as ever and the boss also. Made a good choice working here by the sound if it, well done. Look forward to your updates.  :)

Cheers Tris......Yep, everything's going great and I'm still as keen on a future in farming as ever...... :)

Will maybe get some proper working pictures of our tractors soon if the ground ever dries up...... :-\ ;)

Big aspirations there Mart! I still think a white roofed Ford 8340 SL would fit your bill nicely  ;)

You're right mate, but I was thinking the other night that the chances of me having this amount of money to spend on a machine are not likely to appear again in the near future so I'm as well to get the machine I've always wanted if it's a case of waiting for an extra ?1K or so...... :) :) ;)

It's been all go for the past two days......Started at the usual time and the boss was away for straw with the MF 6475 Dyna 6 and MF 700 Bale Trailer......Been carting straw for the past two days......Meanwhile I've been feeding the beasts and carting pallets from the farm up to another place where an older lad burns them for fuel I think......Six at a time on the front of the 3095 with loader......Great fun on a nice day with the radio on...... ;)

Should be onto s**t spreading tomorrow I think if all goes well......

Also got a tutorial from the boss on how to drive the 6475 today so might be my next job, learning how to drive that...... :D

Tractor test might not be so far off now...... ;)

the last time I worked with tractors I crashed, ran out of diesel, spilt 3/4 ton seed pots...etc...

I was more interested in the daughters

ouch sorry luv, only joking (sounds of big whack.....)

:D :D......Don't worry mate, the last place I worked I completely ruined the sun roof of the John Deere 6210SE and split one of the wooden gates by rolling the tractor into it...... :-\

No accidents in the past 4 months though so all is going well...... :D::);)