Classic Tractor Jan

Was there a picture in one of the recent Classic tractor mags of an old guy stood beside his David brown at a ploughing match??

A mate of mine as asked, its his pop and he's after getting a copy of the picture for him.  :)

not in this months mate, theres a bit about the british national ploughing champs but no pic of a db in them

Very little on Fords >:( >:(

Still excellent read Rory with variation ;)

Rory, one thing I know we asked for a Deutz buyer's guide but why those sloped bonnet versions as after the newer ones they are the most hated thing over here :D :D

Keep up the good work - damn have to wait 4 weeks for the next one :'(

Rory, one thing I know we asked for a Deutz buyer's guide but why those sloped bonnet versions as after the newer ones they are the most hated thing over here :D :D

N,Are they that hated??  >:(??? ,a neighbour of mine has 3 of them together with Agroton 1??,MF1200 and 3 or 4 Mf 188's.They has a MF 1080 but haven't seen it around for a while .Think it may have been replaced by one of the Deutz

F

Ford4ever,

Ask and though shalt be given - and that's what you get, a Deutz buyer's guide.

Finding good quality older Deutz tractors is not easy in mainland UK - however, I will accept that the one we did land on, the droop-snout Agrostar 6.38, is probably one of the least common Deutz machines around (but still better than Agrotron MkIs and IIs).

Hopefully it will stand up as a bit of a novelty/curio item and an example of an early droop-snout model.

Regards

Rory

seeing that comment I noticed at Eastbourne Airbourne show last year there was a sectional gearbox on display in one of the tents (Royal Engineers? perhaps) of a helicopter gearbox (I think?) anyway it was made by KHD.

Not likely to be the Royal Engineers as they are minefields, bridges and demolition as well as construction (having myself been part of the Corps of Royal Engineers for 24 years!).  Most likely to be the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME) who deal with engines (amongst many things).