Basil Brush *Quick project*

As alot of you may know i have acess to no proper tools like drills .... and most certainly cannot cast in resin etc. So i always think of things i could do to improve my diorama and give me a bit of FTF credit  ;) ;). And whilst flicking through Farmers trader i saw a brush clearer. Self proclaimed to be better than yard scrapers. So all week i've been thinking about how to make one. And then it hit me whilst doing my teeth  ;) Yes you've got it. So i grabbed my old tooth brush and gathered some bits from around the house.

1. A Jr. Hacksaw

2. Masking tape

3. Spray paints ( left over from my seed drill convo ... not the local bus shelter )

4. A bucket of cheap fixings and screws

5. The farmers trader

6. A ruler

7. A disused model forklift

8. 2x Toothbrushes ( 1 incase anything goes wrong )

I then begun to saw the main brush off of the toothbrush as it was exactly the right size to fit my old Eddie Stobart forklift. I then masking taped the plastic bit and spray painted the brushes red, even though in the picture they are blue ..... but i've only got Kverneland colours. I am currently waiting for the paint to dry and then i shall be painting the plasticcy bit white .... and trying to find a way of making an attachment to keep the brush to the pallet tines.

I do not have any idea if you've ever done anything like this before and sorry if i sound like a complete moron ... but i do not get out much these days  ;) ;)

post-770-13263855624_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638556243_thumb.jpg

I do not have any idea if you've ever done anything like this before and sorry if i sound like a complete moron ... but i do not get out much these days  ;) ;)

it's what you don't have in the way of tools that make convo's like yours worth the effort & worth seeing !

carry on mate  :) :)

Thanks for the kind comments mjb1, tractorman810 and Steve im just trying to figure out a way of getting a small screw through a thick piece of plastic without a proper drill  ;) ;) And im not quite sure as i bought it when i was a toddler and have nothing in the way of boxes for it. And im using it because it's the closest thing i have to a forklift even if it isn't it 1/32. But they don't look out of place on a diorma scale wise.

Looking good mate......That's the sort of conversions I do too......Just makes the scene that bit more realistic...... :) :) ;)

looking good so far mate, are those stobart forklifts 1/32 then? as i could do with one on the layout if they rae

I've got one here Sean and I think they are pretty much 1/32......It's an Allis Chalmers forkllift if I remember right according to the underside of the casting...... :) :) ;)

Looking good mate......That's the sort of conversions I do too......Just makes the scene that bit more realistic...... :) :) ;)

I've got one here Sean and I think they are pretty much 1/32......It's an Allis Chalmers forkllift if I remember right according to the underside of the casting...... :) :) ;)

Your right Mart, it is an Allis Chalmers forklift by Corgi

Anyway back on topic .... I've just spent the last couple of hours trying to put a pin/hook in the top of the brush that conviently fits around the pallet tines but i have got absoelutly nowhere. But i think this would look so much better than just having cotton or something so i may have to cheat. I may get a small hole drilled by the neighbours if i cannot find another solution. Some more pics tomorrow ... depicting the re-painting and the attachment.

I just found a temporary solution whilst trying to go into mass production. It's pretty simple really and is ideal for my forklift. I used those little plastic things you always get with drills that i don't have a clue what you use them for and widened it a bit to put on the twine. I then managed to fit it onto another of my brushes and hay presto. This brush hasn't been painted but i think it would look good tomorrow after a spray and [glow=red,2,300]maybe[/glow] some warning decals.

By the way if anyones interested in one i have a few unused toothbrushes spare that could be adapted to your needs  ;) Give me a PM if you are  ;) ;)

Thankyou for all your kind comments and i'll get some pics of the finished item hopefully by tomorrow.

post-770-132638556283_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638556286_thumb.jpg

looks good so far. The best way to start i think is to try and use parts that are easily obtainable for conversions, Dave Towse told me that,

I once tried to build an OSR swather that i saw in an old Farmers weekly that was attached to a loadall....was probably about 15 odd years ago :-\

As alot of you may know i have acess to no proper tools like drills .... and most certainly cannot cast in resin etc. So i always think of things i could do to improve my diorama and give me a bit of FTF credit  ;) ;). And whilst flicking through Farmers trader i saw a brush clearer. Self proclaimed to be better than yard scrapers. So all week i've been thinking about how to make one. And then it hit me whilst doing my teeth  ;) Yes you've got it. So i grabbed my old tooth brush and gathered some bits from around the house.

1. A Jr. Hacksaw

2. Masking tape

3. Spray paints ( left over from my seed drill convo ... not the local bus shelter )

4. A bucket of cheap fixings and screws

5. The farmers trader

6. A ruler

7. A disused model forklift

8. 2x Toothbrushes ( 1 incase anything goes wrong )

I then begun to saw the main brush off of the toothbrush as it was exactly the right size to fit my old Eddie Stobart forklift. I then masking taped the plastic bit and spray painted the brushes red, even though in the picture they are blue ..... but i've only got Kverneland colours. I am currently waiting for the paint to dry and then i shall be painting the plasticcy bit white .... and trying to find a way of making an attachment to keep the brush to the pallet tines.

If ever you are stuck for tools or machines, what I used to do and still do sometimes, is to take them into your tecnology workshop at school and their always more than pleased to help, just a thought though.  ;)

If ever you are stuck for tools or machines, what I used to do and still do sometimes, is to take them into your tecnology workshop at school and their always more than pleased to help, just a thought though.  ;)

Thanks ... that is a very good suggestion and i may just have to try that. Thanks also Ben it was a bit of a panic as i have never really converted/scratch built before so i didn't really nowhere to start but this i can hopefully build on. Thankyou Fendtsrule it was a little idea that popped into my head and although very flimsy could come in handy ...

Sorry i did promise some pics of the finished job but i have been up the hospital tonight so i will try to get them done for tomorrow.

It has been on hold for a little bit i have to admit ... But i have managed to find some yellow model paint and have painted the top of the brush yellow like in the picture ..... today after making space for my new shed i am hoping to paint the brissles blue. But i will really try and kick start it next week as my Dad will be out soon. Thanks for asking  ;) I'll try and update the topic as much as possible.