flat bed trailer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

spray flap fitted over the wheels as suggested by deerest, thanks tris for the tip. just got to find some rear light clusters and some of those rectangular orange and yellow warning signs and we are good to go ;)

post-466-132638793781_thumb.jpg

First class and the best in it. Landing legs are a treat, flush timber to chassis rails are perfect. Headboard is proper, paint job the mutts, suzies and rope a beaut, rear end spot on. . . Love it. A real minter. 8)

Hey toy boy that looks class wish i ad the patience to work on something like that. If your looking to make ratchet straps you can get blue ribbon from clothes shops wool shops or craft shops which could do as the straps and bend a bit of a paper clip to do as the ratchet - it should work.

Top job on the detail so far - nothong left out.

will have to look out for ribbon for ratchet straps then, have been wondering what i could use for that. will not need them until i have her all loaded up though :)

Good on you Toyboy. The one thing that annoys me is seeing model lorries with tractors on them and not being tied down. Nice touch the ropes but very few lorry drivers use them nowadays since the ratchet strap was invented. I wonder how many of the younger day lorry drivers could actually tie a load down using ropes and the lorrymans hitch. Personally I use ropes all the time to tie down my tractors and it just as quick if not quicker than ratchet straps plus being a Scotsman rope is cheaper than ratchet straps ;D ;D

Good on you Toyboy. The one thing that annoys me is seeing model lorries with tractors on them and not being tied down. Nice touch the ropes but very few lorry drivers use them nowadays since the ratchet strap was invented. I wonder how many of the younger day lorry drivers could actually tie a load down using ropes and the lorrymans hitch. Personally I use ropes all the time to tie down my tractors and it just as quick if not quicker than ratchet straps plus being a Scotsman rope is cheaper than ratchet straps ;D ;D

Nice Job there toyboy.

Lots of detail gone into that

Was shown how to do a lorryman hitch last year turned out quite handy to use and as you say bill cheaper than ratchet straps.

Nice Job there toyboy.

Lots of detail gone into that

Was shown how to do a lorryman hitch last year turned out quite handy to use and as you say bill cheaper than ratchet straps.

Not to mention you can go over the load more than once with each coil.... I'm terrified of ratchet straps, all that tention and a bit of a rub from something sharp for a few miles and *PING* , off the bloody lot goes!!! I always use a combination of both... and there's something very satisfying about tying a decent lorryman's hitch - or harvest knot as I think it's referred to round here.... possibly wrongly  ???  :-\ ;)

I've been driving wagons for seven years and not once have I tied a 'dolly knot'. Wouldnt have a clue where to start. The Polish guy that gives me my work wouldn't either, since he thought they were called a 'donkey knot' . . . . something entirely different! :D :D

Bill, isn't 'Glasgow Hitch' something one did if they offered a well dressed, polite young lady a lift behind the train station?! ;)

I've been driving wagons for seven years and not once have I tied a 'dolly knot'. Wouldnt have a clue where to start. The Polish guy that gives me my work wouldn't either, since he thought they were called a 'donkey knot' . . . . something entirely different! :D :D

Bill, isn't 'Glasgow Hitch' something one did if they offered a well dressed, polite young lady a lift behind the train station?! ;)

and heres me thinking you were a true yorkie eating, arm hanging out the window, haul anything kind of trucker tris, you can't possibly call yourself a true trucker until you can tie a lorry drivers "kinch" as i've heard it called, next you'll be telling us you've never sheeted a load ::):D :D :D

If it wasn't so difficult to explain in words how to tie that knot I would... I maybe need to do a pictorial guide for the younger truckers on here ;D ;D

I haven't managed to lose a Farmall yet using those knots

BA2008002-1.jpg

If it wasn't so difficult to explain in words how to tie that knot I would... I maybe need to do a pictorial guide for the younger truckers on here ;D ;D

I haven't managed to lose a Farmall yet using those knots

Give me a Chain or ratchet tiedown and day, i have big issues with ropes, ant had a issue with a cahin ever